86

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

My eyes are lightly shut and I'm smiling, hard. I can feel the warm tranquility of the sun toasting my skin, lively tall grass tickles the outline of my body as I lay in what only my senses knows is a field.

A presence is beside me, laying in the warmth just as I am.

"Baylin." They call, the voice is one I know all too well.

I smile harder, knowing I'm laying beside my boyfriend in this magnificent field that almost seems unreal.

"Mhm?" I hum in bliss at the comforting sound of his voice.

"I love you."

"I love you." I repeat, meaning it with every inch of my beating heart.

We lay in the comfort of one another, knowing we're safe when beside each other. There's a calm silent moment, only the whistling wind in distant trees.

"Baylin?" He interrupts the quiet, his voice beginning to distort into something that doesn't exactly sound like Harry.

I want to open my eyes but something is keeping them shut, maybe fear? But why would I be scared?

"Baylin?!" The voice is completely different now, still familiar, but different. "Baylin!" They're yelling at me, calling out like they aren't sure I can hear them. "Baylin!"

I could see the crimson of the backs of my eyelids shielding the bright sun, suddenly the red turns black— signaling the sun is gone, and so is Harry.

Reality snaps into place.

"Baylin! Fuck, wake up!" I feel a light hand over my heart, and another pressed under my jaw to feel my pulse.

My eyes slowly open, I shoot up and immediately back away from whoever the fuck was touching me. My vision is blurry, I feel like I just woke up from a year long nap and I can't see anything past six inches in front of me.

I come to realize that I'm sitting on a carpeted floor, freezing with the weight of something noticeable on my ankle.

"Get off me!" I scream and push, still unable to understand what the fuck is going on.

"What the fuck!" The character stumbles back, losing their balance as my back hits a wall and their ass hits the floor.

Wait.

His voice, I can hear the rasp and care buried behind the lines of a trashed curse— I know who it is... but it can't be. I blink my eyes what seems like a hundred times to rid the lasting dried tears so that I could see clearly.

Zayn.

"Zayn?" I verbalize my realization in complete utter disbelief. Surely I'm still dreaming.

Zayn just looks at me with a zeroed out expression, clearly not as surprised to see me as I am to see him. He's sitting in the position that he caught himself in from my push, on his ass with hind hands keeping him up behind him.

He shifts to sit upright and dusts off the tops of his thighs, "You just going to stare at me like a fish? Or are you going to come here and-"

I launch forward, completely interrupting him and immensely throwing my arms around his neck— throwing my body on top of his and pushing us both down to the carpet. I hug him harder than I've ever hugged him before because I can't explain how fucking happy I am to see him right now.

He disregards his sentence and hugs me back just as tight, chuckling in my ear with zero energy. I couldn't help but notice the dusty sound of his laugh.