40

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

When Alice came back to Harry's apartment to pick up Margot, she didn't say a word about anything regarding my situation. She only thanked Harry for the help and was quick to leave.

Luckily Harry was in a very good mood now, a better mood than I have been in the past couple hours. Him getting to see and spend time with Margot made him happy, and seeing him happy like that made me happy. I liked seeing him enjoy himself.

Once the two were gone, Harry began to clean up— making the couch to look nice, then starting the dishes while I tidied up as well.

"Are you going to tell the guys about the foster thing?" Harry asks, his voice didn't seem nervous at all— still happy from the joy Margot brought him.

"I have to at some point." I start, folding the blanket Margot was using and putting it away in the closet. "I don't want to worry them right now, that's tomorrow's problem."

No matter how hard I tried to push away the worry and stress over tomorrow, I always found a way to overthink the possibilities. My brain being completely occupied and unable to remain in a frame of contention for too long.

After I had had enough of myself, I forced myself to find my way to Harry— who was still washing dishes in the kitchen.

I stood at his side, leaning my head on his shoulder and feeling like my emotions would explode any second if I didn't take my mind off the fact that I'm being sent to a foster home.

I still can't even wrap my head around it.

"I need a distraction." I admit to Harry, remembering the last time the word distraction came into play with us two.

"Do you?" Harry mumbles, scrubbing with a sponge at a stubborn part of the dish. "What kind of distraction?"

Both of our tones were tired and a little weak, I knew how tired we were but I wasn't going to let that get in the way of spending our last night together. Despite Harry telling me this won't be our last night, it will be our last night for at least for a while.

"Any." I state, lifting my head off his shoulder and turning to face the side of his body. "I just need to get my mind off everything, it's stressing me out more that it should be."

"I told you those websites would do that." He tracks back to our previous conversation we had while I was doing research.

I chose to ignore him and attempt to change the subject, being at how I didn't want to get back into that when I was trying to rid it from my mind.

I bring my hand up between us and place my finger on one of his tattoos on his forearm— the naked mermaid. That one had always intrigued me.

"What's this one?" I murmur.

He glances at the spot I was touching, seeing my fingertip trance the outline of the woman's tail, and immediately looks back to the running water.

"You're using my tattoos as your distraction?" He chuckles.

"You have a better idea?" I reply in the same tone, taking my hand away and crossing my arms to lean on the counter beside the sink.

Harry smiles to himself, placing a glass into the drying rack beside him before picking up another and then washing that one.

"Just a mermaid, I saw it in one of those tattoo books at the shop and thought it was pretty, so I got it." He answers my previous question.

I knew that wasn't what was actually going through his head, but I got my answer so I'll take it.