85

POV: BAYLIN GRIGGS

It's weird being back here after so long. This isn't the first time I've come back to my old home since the murder that took place in it, but it feels just as ominous.

There's a weird glowing aroma to each room, one that calls on my uneasy thoughts. It's putting me in a mood of sorrow, as if I feel bad for myself for having to go through what I did all those weeks ago.

I veered my eyes away from the living room as we walked through the front door, I don't want to accidentally catch a glimpse of the blood stains or caution tape to horrify my memory.

We were informed that no one would be in the house, there was police outside and the nice officer that let us in told us to take all the time we'd need, that they'd wait and give us our privacy while I gather my things.

Meaning the house was empty, and quiet.

Harry and I went straight to my old bedroom in silence. He's pulling me up the stairs like he doesn't want me to look too deep into the house either, saving me from the drama. And though he's only been here a couple times, he seemed to know the way.

Pushing through my bedroom door, a flashing memory of my mother comes to my vision. A memory that happens to involve Harry. There was a time when my poor mother came to bring me tea, and Harry was hiding in my closet. That was the first night we'd spent together, before we'd even done anything with each other.

God, that feels like a lifetime ago.

Harry finally let's go of my hand when I take a deeper step into my room, seeing the wrinkled white duvet, dirty laundry left unwashed and sad dead plants framing my room. It was completely untouched, just like I'd left it.

"You okay?" Harry touches my arm, making me jump.

"Yeah." I shrug off the odd feeling of nostalgia, it's seriously felt like years since I've been here. "Just strange being back in here after everything."

I walk over to the window and shut the blinds, shielding some of the light to give us a bit more privacy from the street and cop cars that are parked below.

I blow out a puff of air and turn back to Harry, who stands with his arms awkwardly linked behind his back while he looks around my room.

"So is there anything you want to take?" Harry walks to the other end of my bed, nearing my closet and opening up the glass slider. "You can leave some things at my apartment if you want."

The initial reaction of seeing my room was gone for the most part as I made my way next to Harry, still felt weird, but I wasn't saddened by anything anymore. The emotion left just as fast as it came.

"Don't know," I admit with a shrug, not able to think of anything right off the bat, "Let's look, I'm sure there's something I want to keep."

I go to my nightstand and find a necklace I used to wear practically everyday, it was laid out next to a small dead fern in a little yellow pot. The necklace was gold and had a tiny B letter charm with an even tinier gemstone heart dangling next to it. Maya got it for me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago, I smiled at it and picked it up.

"Here." Harry says, holding out his hand for me to give him the necklace to put on.

I drop it in his large palm and he brings the chain around my neck, pushing my hair to the side before clasping it on. His fingertips graze my throat and chills run up and down the back of my neck alongside his breath.

"Pretty." He drags his hands down my arm, reaching over my shoulder to kiss my cheek.

I blush and melt into him, feeling the strong connection and Harry's ability to make everything feel better.