20.| Lies, Liar & Lying

SKYLAR'S POV 

DISCLAIMER: Violence, sexual references 

I lay on my stomach, legs in the air. 

My phone in my hands.

My eyes began to water as I stared at the empty screen. 

Why isn't he texting me?

Do not tell me he's already forgotten about me already? 

Is college really that fun?

I already knew that dating a senior would have difficulties especially since my boyfriend who was a senior in high school was now a freshman in a college.

Which made me a fucking senior. 

From the very start Daniel knew exactly what he wanted to be and didn't come across any problems when trying to achieve his dreams. He chose one college and one college only and surprise surprise - he got in.

A whole 6 hours away from me. 

"We can text and call every single day a-and I can visit you during the holidays." He said when he had gotten over the shock of being accepted into his dream college in California. 

"But it won't be the same." I had said quietly. 

I would be lying if I said I didn't want him to be accepted. I knew that made me not only the worst boyfriend ever but a very bad person. 

But I just could't help it. We had had the best summer ever.

We were together almost every single day. 

Laughing, joking around, talking about shit that I would never tell anyone. 

Eating, watching movies, sleeping.

And of course having mind blowing sex. 

All that just came to one screeching stop when August rolled around and had he packed his bags and was on a one way plane to his dream school. 

He kept his promises by texting and calling me everyday but since last week it all just kind of stopped. And I had no idea why. 

"Skylar, deja tu perezoso culo y camina a la escuela con tus primos y tu hermann (Skylar, get off your lazy ass and walk to school with your cousins and sister)."  My mom waltz in my room with a basket of dirty laundry. 

"Mamá." I whined. "No puedo ir a la escuela hoy (I can't go to school today)."

She put the basket and put a hand on her hip. "¿Por qué no? (Why not?)" Her eyebrow shot up.

"Estoy enfermo?(I'm sick?)." 

"Skylar." She snapped. I thought she was gonna start yelling at me but she sat down beside on my bed. "I know you miss him." She said softly.

I looked up at her surprised. That was fucking unexpected. 

I sat up and put my head on her shoulder. She ran her hand through my long golden locks of hair.