30.| Setting my properties straight

KELVIN'S POV

Disclaimer:  Mentions of violence and suicide. Read with caution please!

My nightmares have changed.

I sat at the edge of my bed, body aching with pain and painted with new bruises. 

Another sleepless night after another.

I rubbed my sore eyes, careful to avoid my eye scar and closed them. The nightmares all came flooding back.

I was no more  fourteen years old again. Living on the streets. Trying anything and everything to survive. My body clenched furiously as I groaned, falling back onto my bed.

I was now a rapist. 

And everybody knew.

Everybody thought I was a monster.

And maybe I am.

Rumours had flown around that Rico and Darren were no more. Just like that- their relationship that they spent years trying to build, flushed away in a second. Apparently Mincho is hiding out in Mexico and the one and only Maria is no where to be seen. 

And me?

Karma had finally caught up to my ass.

I was jumped last week on the  streets by a group of bulky men in ski masks.

I already knew who they were and why they were doing it. 

"It doesn't feel good when it happens to you- now does it!"

"You fucking faggot!"

"Rico should've taken you eye out while he had the fucking chance!" 

Tortured for hours on end in an alleyway. They kept on going until I was numb.

I couldn't feel anything.

They eventually got bored, of course, and dumped my body by a dirty street. The moment they left- I felt stone cold. And alone.

I almost wanted them to continue.

To end me.

Once and for all.

I was too much of a coward to do it myself. 

I've tried countless of times and each and every attempt had failed.

Failure.

That was who I was.

What have I exactly made of myself in the whole nineteen years I've been alive?

Nothing.

I turned over in my bed, tears pooling on my mattress. I produced a small polaroid from the back of my phone case.