24.| Dancing The Devils Tango

SKYLAR'S POV

Disclaimer: violence, sexual references, self harm, misuse of drugs

I was done with Daniel.

If he wanted nothing to do with me- then I wanted nothing to do with him.

It was simple as that.

I spat harshly onto the gritted pavement as I re-lit my cigarette. I stamped my previous one onto the ground with force and anger.

My parents had yelled at me yesterday when they had received a phone call by my headmaster- informing them that I haven't shown up to almost a whole month of school. 

And despite the angry tension still raging in my house this morning- it didn't stop be from hoping over the fence right beside my school gates and making a run for it. 

School was the last place I wanted to be. 

My phone suddenly pinged.

It was a text from my older cousin Rico.

2:49PM

no llegues jodidamente tarde a la reunión (don't be fucking late to the meeting)

I rolled my eyes and pocketed my phone.

Who did he think I was? 

Of course I wasn't going to be late. 

I took another long inhale from my cigarette and I saw the smoke appear in front of my eyes. 

I had been lounging around, trying to getting high, and being pretty much useless.

I finally arrived at my destination: A banged up house at the end of the west end Miller street. My number one (and favourite) drug dealer lived here.

I knew being even being near Miller streets was extremely risky. 

I wasn't from around here and the people that were didn't like me very much.

I banged on the door with force as I watched my surrounding with caution. If one person waked by and recognised me, I'd be screwed.

Word will fly around like fire and I'll catch myself in a ditch.

I banged again. "Ian- open the fucking door."

I heard a little stir from inside as the blinds flickered up. "Skylar- that you?" 

"Who else would be here during school hours- actually, don't answer that." I grumbled. 

The blinds went down and I could hear him un-locking the dozen of locks on the door- and suddenly it swung open.