P R O L O G U E

DARRENS POV.

I open the door of my empty apartment, breathless from my headlong dash through the woods back from my high school.

I dump my bags on the floor.

I made a quick mental note to kill whoever the hell came up with the idea of school.

I sighed furiously as I raked my hand through my locks of charcoal hair.

I had so much homework.

Should I even bother?

Nah.

Yawning, I collapsed on my couch, exasperated.

My head was buzzing with thoughts.

Summer.

It was only two weeks away.

I don't think I've ever wanted something to come so fast, so bad.

I already know majority of my friends are going to drag me to all those useless summer parties.

Parties. The smell, the noise, the drinks... I imagined an entire house overcrowded with people, dancing and touching...

It was all enough to make me want to lose my morning breakfast and lunch.

I settled on my couch, awhile kicking off my shoes and tucked my hands behind my head.

As much as I detested anything relating to school, I was amazed how my time in it flew by. I was going to be a senior next year. I already knew that I was going to have to get serious. No bunking off, no fighting. Just full concentration.

Would I even get into a good college?

Do I even want to go to college?

I thought about my little brother, Drew, who had everything planned out and was already set for life.

I don't have a fucking clue.

Will I just roam around, drinking and fighting...like Rodrico?

An image of Rodrico flashed across my mind. 

His tall broad masculine features. 

How his tattoos snaked down one arm and that one arm only. 

How they covered his chest. And not to mention his long, soft chestnut locks. 

How his piercing green pupils have made a permanent dent in my mind. 

I love how his cheeky grin says it all: Fearless and determinate.