34.| We'll Meet Again

SKYLAR'S POV

"They say in youth we learn, but in age we understand."

And in age we do. If you had told me five years ago that all this shit would've gone down and that our 'family' has completely torn apart, I would've called you crazy.

But I guess I'm the crazy one.

Because this was it. 

It was over. 

All of it.

Everything.

Days turned into weeks and now it was months. Everyone has eventually moved on one way or another. 

And as more time has gone by, I've started too see this as more of a blessing in disguise. How could I not? Everyone was happy.  Or trying to be anyway.  

Trying to keep up withe everyone's new lives was like watching a 10 season tv series. Some episodes are boring, some interesting- some even mysterious- like Darren and Rico. 

No one truly knew how Darren and Rico were really doing- not even Drew, his own brother. 

Things can't be all that bad- as they are living together now, the last I heard. Nobody knew how or why- but Rico was able to be granted visitation weekends to see his daughter Alana. 

Pfft- who knew? Rico? A father?  That was and still is on the top my list of the shocks of the century.

But not as shocking as the rumour that Rico had proposed to Darren. No even knew if he had said yes or no.

He had to have said yes- right? I mean- they live  together and everything, even raising a kid part time. 

I guess I'm just a little salty that I wasn't invited to the wedding- but according to Drew, neither was he. 

Drew was better than ever. Honestly? I'm glad that out of everyone, he's doing alright. He was stalked and his family were harassed as a result from the aftermath of what had happened.

He had been accepted into MIT and hard started his first year in college several weeks ago. We last talked on the phone two or three weeks ago- and all he could talk about was how much he loved it. 

Martin and him looked happier than ever so I'm glad they got their happy fairytale ending. 

I can't exactly say the same for Maria. 

She was eventually found- in case you were ever wondering. But she was found exactly the same way she had been left- alone. 

Alone in her own pit of despair and depression. 

But on the brighter side? She lives in Arizona now and has started anger management. It may not be the best of the best of a  situation- but everyone had to start somewhere. 

Apparently no one tried to reach out to her to rekindle their friendship with her- which is more than completely understandable. 

Not even Leah could forgive her. 

Oh yeah- Leah is excepting a baby girl soon. 

Everyone was terrified that it was Kelvin's kid- but thankfully it wasn't.