33.| Loyalty & Love [M]

DREW'S POV
[mature content ahead]

"Drew! Martin! Come downstairs!"

I groaned as I turned over in my bed, pulling the duvet up over our heads.

"Tell your mom we just need like- five more minutes." Martin yawned, wrapping his leg around my waist.

"Mom- five more minutes!" I yelled.

"No! Get your asses down here right now!"

"Ugh- I hate waking up so damn early." I say as I roll out of bed.

Martin and I have been staying here for the past several weeks. I was able to convince my parents that it was because I had started to feel very homesick- which in all fairness- is true, but the real reason couldn't be more far out than reality.

There were people out there looking for Darren. Wanting his head on a plate for the things he had done.

In other words- he was being blamed for ripping apart their gang. And people aren't happy.

He's made a whole lot of new enemies.

But the thing about enemies is that they'll never send their hate to one individual- but instead they divide who their going to harass into two different segments: Family and friends.

Family.

I'm family.

I thought people would leave me out of the catastrophe that was their lives but no. I come back home from a long day of school and work, only to find my entire apartment ripped up into shreds, my furniture and windows smashed and large red spray painted gang signs all over my walls.

I tried to ring up Darren but was met back with silence.

"Report this to the police!" Martin had suggested. 

I knew I should've.

It would be the smartest thing to do.

But that would mean ratting out my brother.

And with-holding drugs and deadly weapons with the intent to sell isn't a sentence you'd exactly want to be given after freshly turning 18.

And I hated Darren so much for leaving me in the dark since the incident- but that doesn't mean I want him to rot in prison.

So I kept my mouth shut and moved in with my parents while my apartment is getting repaired and hopefully by the time the repairs are done- this whole thing will have died down.

Lets just cross our fingers and toes.

On the bright side, it hasn't been all that bad.

Its been nice seeing my parents and Ruby again. They also really like Martin- which feels strange as they despised Bruno and made that very clear to me when I first brought him home.

"He's a bit rough around the edges- isn't he?" Was the first comment made by them the moment he stepped foot out of my house for the first time.

I remember being upset about that comment made, but looking back- it was very much true. But it's not like any of that matters much now. Things are extremely different.

I gave Martin a small peck on the lips as I made my way into the bathroom.

"So- what do you wanna do today? School doesn't resume until Wednesday so we can get some drinks tonight and not have to worry about being hungover in class."