Flip the Switch

Concept: An endless sea of pain caused you to flip the switch. Now, Stefan and Damon think they have you in a position to get the real you back, they just need one thing to push you over the edge.

To say it was hard to see your switch flipped was an understatement and to say it had been too long since it had happened could not be more true. The group were used to the true you, the you who could make the world stop spinning by cracking a smile, who found the light in the darkest things and who was essentially just a bundle of joy, radiating a contagious happiness. You were the type of person that everyone wished they could be and, despite the fact they couldn't be just like you, they still loved the hell out of you. You clicked into the group amazingly, like the missing piece of the puzzle and had found yourself making unbreakable bonds with every single member, especially through the fact you all had your individual activities that you'd do together that only you could make feel as amazing as they did. For example, with Caroline, the two of you would go shopping at least once a week, if not more if the week had been a particularly stressful one. Then, your favourite, were the various activities that you and Damon would do.

It was no secret to anyone that you and Damon were a bit of each other even if it didn't appear so at first glance. With a character as positive and radiant as you and one as stone cold and supposedly 'evil' as he, it seemed like a match made in hell. Even he couldn't deny that, at first glance, you were not the type of person that he would choose to surround himself with but, as time went on and you spent more time in each other's presence, his opinions of you raised impossibly high as he found himself enjoying your company more than anyone else's he had in a long time. You were just that much of a shining beacon to everyone that no matter the person it was, your angelic nature alone could win them over without even trying.

The more that you two were forced into situations together such as at the beginning of your meeting, when he didn't even want to give you a second glance, the more that you two found that, actually, you were exactly the kind of people that each other wanted to be around. You both had found yourselves calling the other in any time of need as you both knew just how to make any situation better even without trying. Your mere presence seemed to do wonders at easing any situation and simply making it better but it was especially effective of him with you, his sarcastic comments could melt away your tension a hot knife to butter and he could conjure up words of comfort that made you feel enveloped in a blanket of safety. Seriously, you couldn't understand why everyone perceived him so negatively because all you saw was someone who wanted the best for those he loved and would go to extreme lengths to ensure that that was the case.

Due to this, you found yourselves in each other's company more often than not, whether it be to put an end to any problems that may have arisen or whether it was a lazy day that the two of you were having, the type of day where the two of you would simply lounge around in the Salvatore house, occasionally sipping on a drink like bourbon or even the times where you would find yourselves kicking it at some random party that you'd found in town where the two of you would simply let loose dancing, drinking both alcohol and blood (only safely where you would drink a small amount and compel them to forget, you weren't all that fond of the idea of killing innocent randoms for a quick drink) and all around just letting yourselves live in the moment. At this constant exposure to each other, though, you couldn't deny the connection that the two of you had established, one that neither of you would confess to or even bring up to anyone for the sole fact that you were too afraid to lose what you already had should the revelation drive a wedge between you if one of you were to decline the other's advances.

The worry was definitely one factor about it but the other was that Damon didn't know how to tell you what he felt. Normally, he was cocky and arrogant, wasting no time flirting with anyone who he found remotely attractive but, for some reason, when it came to you, he became tongue tied about anything close to that. He could get out the odd compliment to your appearance such as calling you beautiful and things of the like but they didn't really seem to resonate with you like he wanted them to. You took them as just the same thing that friends do just to ensure that they felt good about themselves, not as a way of him trying to open the gateway to be able to let his true thoughts about you power through.