Dream

Sleep had always been something that didn't come easy to you, it was never easy to fall asleep or actually have a good night's sleep.

Sometimes, you functioned better on hardly any sleep but other times having hardly any sleep meant that your day plummeted and did not go well at all.

It was a hit and miss type of thing.

However, it started to get better after you had met Tyler.

You and Tyler had known each other for years prior to actually becoming friends, but when you and Tyler did start talking and began a friendship, you felt more relaxed and in turn you felt as if it was a lot easier to get some decent sleep.

Being in a relationship with Tyler was nothing short of difficult - him being a werewolf, stubborn, an arse at times, never made things look plausible but you did get through it all and you weren't perfect either.

The previous day, you had spent all day at Tyler's place and just made the decision to stay the night as by the time you could've gone home, it was late and you didn't really want to leave.

Tyler's Mum, Carol, didn't mind you staying over - when you and Tyler were just friends you had spent a lot of time at his house and stayed over anyway, so carol saw no problem with it despite her being quite protective of her son.

Your sleep pattern wasn't as messed up as it used to be, but you couldn't say the same for Tyler's.

Slow, laboured breathing woke you up from your slumber.

You turned over in bed to see Tyler sat up, leaning against the headboard with his knees pulled up to his chest and his head in his hands.

Sitting up, you placed a hand on Tyler's knee which caused his head to shoot up and look at you with panicked eyes "It's just me Love" you told him softly.

Tyler nodded as he breathed out a sigh and then took another shaky breath in "Go back to sleep Baby" he tried to get you to lie back down as he spoke.

You shook your head as you knew there was something wrong "What's wrong?" you asked, moving closer to him and placing your hand on his cheek so that he looked you in the eyes.

"I...I had a nightmare" he admitted sheepishly "I know it's pathetic...I can't believe I'm reacting like this" he slightly scolded himself "It's just...I hurt you Y/N. You were fighting alongside the Salvatore's and I was there, I lunged for one of the vampires but I got you instead. I didn't realise, I swear, I didn't know it was you until your eyes were staring back at me, completely void of light" he explained, grimacing every so often as he recalled what he had witnessed.

You moved to sit in between Tyler's legs, and you placed your hands on his thighs, "Tyler. It was just a dream. It won't happen" you reassured him as you wiped a stray tear away "I know you would never hurt me, not even by accident" you rubbed his cheek softly whilst you spoke.

Tyler smiled weakly, and leant forward to kiss you gently, "I love you Y/N" he stated after he pulled away "I question how I got so lucky with you"

Word count: 567