Hypocrite (Part 2)

Concept: After all happend, Caroline tries and talks to you telling that there is nothing between them and he really likes her. Tyler doesn’t give up trying to talk to you to make things right.

From that night onwards you avoided Tyler like the plague, you stopped going to the family dinners, telling your parents that you were studying and they never really questioned it instead they offered to bring you back food and said that you should remember to take brakes, you thought that you were doing really well that is until someone knocked on your door. You walked to the door and opened it smile dropping the moment that you saw who it was "What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I hoped you'd be home, is there something wrong?" Caroline asked as she stepped forward. "You and Tyler haven't spoken since that night at the dinner."
"Thought you would have been happy about that." You said arms folded as you leant against the door frame.
"Why?" She asked.
"He seems really happy with you." You said, "so what are you doing here?"
"What are you talking about, he's not with me he was just helping me through somethings." She answered and you nodded.
"Yeah sure, look I've things that I need to get done so if you don't mind." You said as you closed the door not waiting for an answer.

Caroline sighed as she looked at you closed door before turning and making her way to Tyler's house, she knocked on the door and she was let upstairs by his mum "you need to talk to her." Caroline said arms crossing over her chest.
"You don't think I've been trying?" Tyler asked. "She doesn't want to talk to me."
"She thinks that the reason you stopped talking to her was that you started dating me," Caroline said and Tyler's eyes moved to her before looking out the window at your house across the street.
"Why would she think that?" He asked.
"Why wouldn't she, we were together every day and you barely talked to her, I made you promise not to say anything to anyone about what was going on with me, she was forced the draw her own conclusions." Caroline shrugged as she sat down across the room from him. "You need to find a way to explain it to her because she won't believe it from anyone else."
"She won't believe it from me..." He ran his hand through his hair in the hopes that some big idea would occur to him.

The next day you didn't see Tyler all day and you were thinking that he was starting to get the idea that is until you got home and you went up to your room where he was waiting for you "Please don't leave!" He said the words rushed as he tried to get them out before you could make a move.
"Why are you here?" He asked.
"I need to explain something to you." He answered.
"Caroline already told me that you two aren't dating, you don't have to tell me again it doesn't change anything." You waved him off as you started to put things from your bag on your desk.
"I know that but I wanted you to know that she's never been better than you, she was just going through somethings, that night at dinner she was only there because she needed to get out of her house and the whole night she was telling me that I should ask you out." He explained. "Even the idea scared me so when I saw a reason to avoid it I took it but seeing you so upset and not being able to fix it, being the one that caused it, scares me so much more." You stopped, your eyes were closed as you tried t force the tears away.
"You expect to be able to come in here are almost a month and just make everything okay again." You complained and he shook his head. "But I'm sick of feeling this way and I want everything to just go back to the way that it was before." You started crying partway through the sentence and Tyler rushed over pulling you into a hug and despite how angry you had been at him you accepted it, you missed it.
"I'm sorry." He said softly.
"Me too." You said through tears, he tightened the hug waiting for you to stop crying before he spoke again.
"I promise you I won't let this happen again." He said pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

Word count: 776