Hold me tight or don't

Concept: Maybe best friends to lovers fairytale does work for some people

"You know Jer, you don't need to be a pestering mother." You grumbled as you sling your bag over your shoulder, "I have Damon and Alaric doing that, thanks."

"Are you sure?" Jeremy questions.

You gave him a look before shutting your locker, Jeremy walked by your side.

"I am positive, Jeremy, now don't you have history homework due in for Alaric?"

"Oh shit, yeah!" Jeremy dashed down the corridor, "Thanks, man!"

You didn't mind him being so over protective of you, you were Jeremy's best friend and you were in the car crash with Elena. That's when he started to get protective of you, before that you were merely childhood friends that grew up together.

You were at the party as well and you were stranded as your parents were out of town, so you had no way home. Grayson and Miranda had offered you a lift and offered to sleep over. You hesitantly agreed as you were content in walking home.

Since then Jeremy has been stuck to you, like superglue. You have been partners in crime through the supernatural bullshit through the town. You both became support pillar in life, you comforted him when he lost his parents and he supported you after the crash.

But, things became a haze in his head and it wasn't the weed he had been smoking. You were on his mind 24 hours, 7 days a week. He was excited to see you when you would meet him outside the school doors, his eyes would light up when you had entered the class room. He's damn heart would flutter when you laughed at his jokes.

He even started to think about life if he was dating you, would you hold him tight? Or how your kisses would be?

So, he went to someone who knew a lot on love.

"Elena, I need help."

Elena jumped up when she sees her brother burst into her room. She dropped her pen and pushed her diary off her lap. She glared at her brother, she should get used to her brother entering her room without permission yet here she was still getting scared - she lives a life surrounded with supernatural and she gets scared over the little things.

"Jeremy!" She exclaims, before watching her brother sit down on her bed, "What's up with you."

"I think I'm in love with someone."

"Oh no," Elena spoke as Jeremy glared at her before lying down, she strokes his hair in comfort with a teasing smile, "Who is it?"

Jeremy smiles just at the thought of you, "(Y/n)..."

Elena raised her eyebrow before grinning, "I knew it, I know you will be such a cute couple." Jeremy gave her a look, a mixture of despair and confusion, "What's up? I don't see any problems about you liking another boy, Jer."

"It's not that, Elena, it's the fact that I like him so much because of what happened to our lives. This is going to sound cheesy, but he brightens my day and I don't want to be attached if he doesn't like me back, what if he doesn't feel the same way as I do?"

Elena looked down at her brother, who was obviously conflicted. He had fell in love with Bonnie, but she could see that her brother had not felt like this with either Bonnie or Anna. He was truly conflicted with the idea of love.

"I say, Jer, just go for it. I'm sure (Y/n) will not see you any different to you." Elena advised, "And if he does, then even better!"

Jeremy looked at his sister, "You think we'll make a cute couple?"

Elena beamed at him, "I know you will."

-Time skip-

"Hey, Jeremy!" You greeted as you both walked to your locker, "How are you?"

"Fine." Jeremy spoke, fiddling with his backpack, looking down at his feet.

You stopped at your locker, furrowing your eyebrows as you used your finger to tilt his chin up to look at you, "What is it, Jer? I know when you're upset, you can trust me."

You looked at him worried, your eyes soften as his heart melted. Oh, why did you have to do this to him?

Jeremy sighed, "I'm not upset, well, kind of upset, but I just want to let you know that I have a massive crush on you and I really want to ask you on a date, but I fear that it could ruin what we have. I have spent days thinking about us being together, so I really want to know if you would hold me tight or don't, I mean I'm not forc-"

You smacked your lips onto his, cutting his ramble with a kiss. Within a minute he had kissed you back, you smiled before pulling back and leaning against the locker. His eyes lit up at the sudden action, his hands hesitantly grabbed yours.

"You know, I would love to go out for a date."

"You would?" Jeremy was so giddy, it was impossible to not laugh at this idiot of yours.

"I mean I didn't kiss you for nothing, I would be delighted to go out with you."

Word count: 881