1860's Rebel (Part 2)

Concept: In the 1860′s you and Stefan thrived - that was until Katherine came into the picture. After ripping the two of you apart, turning you both against each other’s knowledge and leaving you to fend for yourselves, over a hundred years later you’re back in Mystic Falls and rekindling a few old flames along the way.

It felt beyond weird to see the way that Mystic Falls had turned out in the last hundred or so years it had been since you’d stepped foot in the place. Cobbled roads and open gardens had been replaced with paved streets and various high streets, littering things like cafes and clothing stores which were a far step away from the old tailors that you would once visit whenever you’d ruined one of your dresses or that gorgeous little corner that you would stop by with your boyfriend at the time as they made the most sublime cakes and drinks that could make your heart melt. The town was so quiet, so peaceful and seraphic and life there was a dream. You’d wake up every day, go to meet your angel of a boyfriend, Stefan Salvatore, you’d go and pick your activity for the day such as going dancing or horse riding, sometimes even taking a nice day in a nearby meadow where you’d simply lay and fantasise about the future while praying that nobody found you (it was no secret that dear ol’ daddy Salvatore did not approve of you). That was until the brown-haired she-devil herself, Katherine Pierce, showed up to wreck everything.

She’d set her sights not only on the love of your life but his brother too, though, it was clear to anyone else that she was only stringing him along for the ride due to her own selfish desires. She had seen how you were with Stefan, how he admired you and couldn’t supress his feelings for the spontaneous and carefree version of yourself, and she mimicked that as best she could when she wormed her way in. Like it was yesterday, you could picture the one day you showed up at the Salvatores’ house after hearing news that Stefan’s parents were to be away for a few days only to find the Katherine Pierce running around and laughing with a football in hand, doing the exact same thing that you had with Stefan no earlier than two days before. You could tell he was taken by her, often finding the time flying while he was watching her let herself loose (as he thought she was, seemingly not noticing she was playing a character). Yet, you weren’t so upset as you should’ve been because you realised, and Damon had told you such a thing was the case, that in her, he simply saw you and, while he was no doubt drawn to that, she wasn’t you. She could never be you. And Katherine knew that.

Which is why, even despite Stefan’s incessant claims that Katherine didn’t compel him at all, she most certainly did and, boy, it did not come easy. Given that, at the time, you weren’t even clear on the existence of vampires, never mind their abilities and, so, when you’d gone round to the house one day to find Katherine in Stefan’s bed, when he’d found you later that day and told you all about how he’d found something in Katherine that he couldn’t find in you, how he wanted to try and make himself and Katherine work, that he saw potential in it, all you felt was heartbreak, fury and jealousy which was not your usual frame of mind at all. With anger surging you, you’d headed to find Katherine while she was alone, hurling strings of insults at her, calling her a ‘homewrecker’ and anything of the likes yet nothing phased her in the slightest, her face only amused and unbothered and that was when she compelled you too, compelled you to stop trying to get through to Stefan and, of course, you were in no mind to not do as she said. And, so, that was the end of you and Stefan’s epic love.

Pearl was a woman who you knew briefly in Mystic Falls and one of the first of the vampires that you were introduced to as being vampires, following after you’d become friends with her daughter, Annabelle. She cared for you deeply though she wouldn’t let on the extent of her worry for you, knowing full-well Katherine’s dislike toward you and how she wouldn’t hold back should you intend to come between her and Stefan. Following a tumble down a small ditch while you’d been entertaining yourself now that you were left in a Salvatore-less life, Pearl had found you, broken arm and concussed, struggling to keep yourself held upright. It was a reluctant decision that she made but one that she knew full-well had to be done knowing your predicament with your mother. The two of you had grown more than your original distance since your arrival to the new town and were essentially strangers by this point having vowed to not help you if or when you needed it. In her eyes, if you were old enough to not need anyone’s input anymore, you were old enough to deal with its consequences by your own accord. Pearl had fed you her blood which was where you’d then learned your first vampire ability: blood heals.