Avoiding a roommte

Concept: You and Jeremy become roommates, you refuse to let him stay at the Salvatore boarding house cause of how how Damon always treated him. In time you develop feelings for him so you end up not being home much and it ends up concerning Jeremy and he tries to find out why. (Reader she’s human but she knows all about the supernatural).

You looked at Jeremy as he continued to explain that he needed somewhere to stay but he caught your attention as he talked about the staying at the Salvatore Boarding House "wait, wait the Salvatore House?" You asked.

"Yeah-" 

"No, you can stay with me if you want." You suggested, "I mean after everything that Damon did to you I'm sure that it's safer for you to just stay with me."
"Are you sure?" He asked, "I can stay with Damon, he promised not to hurt me something to do with proving himself to Elena." He answered and you smiled and shook your head.
"Stay with me, I mean at least you can be sure that you're not going to die." You shrugged and he smiled before nodding.
"Okay thank you." He agreed.

When you said that Jeremy could stay with you, you were both just friends and that was all that you saw him as but the longer that you lived together and the more that he helped you out the more that you started to fall for him. At first, you thought that you, it was a passing thing that would turn into an appreciation for having someone around that could help you but the more that you waited the stronger the feelings got so you decided to just take more shifts and even going out with friends so that you didn't have to go home and see Jeremy.

Jeremy, on the other hand, had noticed your absence, he would often find himself smiling at small messages you left him, thanking him for cooking or cleaning but there were more notes around the apartment then there was an actual conversation and he decided that he was going to talk to you, he waited until late that night, he knew that you shift would be ending soon and so he waited and it paid off when he heard the door open and you walked into the living room "Oh you're still awake." You said as you put down your bag and walked into the kitchen.
"I actually wanted to talk to you." He answered.
"Talk to me? About what?" You asked as you turned to him, the moment that you looked at him you knew that you made a mistake and instead busied yourself with making something to eat.

"Yeah, you've been avoiding me." He answered that sentence caused a physical response as the knife in your hand slipped and a small cut appeared on your finger, you hissed as you pulled your hand up to your face.
"Are you okay?" He asked as he walked over to you and attempted to check you over but you pulled away and put it under the tap. "What is going on with you?"
"What are you talking about?" You asked as you pressed some tissue to your finger and walked into the bathroom.
"You're avoiding me." He answered, "and now you won't even let me touch you."
"That's not because of you, I just there's something I'm trying to work through." You answered.
"Then let me help you." He suggested.
"I don't think that this is something that you can help me with." You answered.
"How would you know, you won't even tell me what it is." He argued.
"It'll change the way that you think of me." You sighed as he stepped forward getting the first aid kit and taking out a band-aid and putting it over the cut.

"Try me," He said as he led you into the living room and sat on the sofa gently running his thumbs over your knuckles.
"Since you moved in I've started to develop feelings for you and I know that it's a bit weird and I'm trying to work through them and make them go away but-"
"What if I don't want you to make them go away." He cut you off.
"You don't?" He asked.
"No I don't." He said softly before pressing a kiss to your check before pulling you into a hug. "Now let's order something to eat and watch a movie, we've wasted too much time."

Word count: 755