One day

You woke up and yawned, stretching out, and rolled onto your side. You smiled at the sight of Enzo lying next to you still; usually he would be long gone by the time you woke up, off to deal with whatever the latest threat to Mystic Falls was with the rest of your friends. You enjoyed the rare moment to admire his sleeping features, completely peaceful for once. A few moments passed before a smile crept onto his own face. "G'morning, love," he said softly before opening his eyes.

"Hey sleepyhead," you replied. "What time do you call this?"

He chuckled, raising a hand to wipe the sleep from his eyes. "This is the first lie-in I've had in months, leave me be."

"I'm not complaining, it was nice to have you actually here for once when I woke up. Although, that does mean someone is going to have to get up to make the coffee."

"No, not yet," whined Enzo, and you glanced across at him with a smirk. "Are you doing anything today?"

"No, are you?"
"Noe, I'm all yours for once. Therefore, there's no rush. I'm perfectly happy right here for the time being."

You had sat up earlier in your conversation, and now slowly lay back down. "Well, I suppose if you insist, I could spare a little of my precious time to stay with you a bit longer."

"I am eternally grateful," he replied. "C'mere," murmured Enzo, wrapping an arm around you to pull you closer to him, so your head rested lightly against his chest.

"We should do this more often," you mumbled from where you had buried your head against the covers to keep warm.

"Believe me love, if it was up to me we would. But then again if we did, the town would probably have burnt down months ago."

"Of course, it's only our contribution that keeps hundreds of people alive," you teased.

"Why, of course. What do you actually want to do today? Assuming we aren't planning on spending the entire day in bed."
"Oh damn, that's my hopes dashed. But no, I don't mind. It would just be nice to spend some time with you, I feel like we hardly see each other anymore."

"Ditto, love. C'mon, let's get some breakfast," he suggested. You pulled a face at him.

"But I've just got cosy and it's so coldddd," you whined, sticking out your bottom lip. He raised an eyebrow as he clambered out of bed, pulling a t-shirt on over his bare chest. Shaking his head at how wrapped around your finger he was, he wrapped you up in the duvet and scooped you up. You laughed as you were raised off the bed and Enzo started to walk downstairs. That is, until you reached the actual stairs.

"Enzo, put me down! You're gonna fall!"
"I won't Y/N, I promise. Live a little," he joked. Your arms were completely bundled up in the duvet so you couldn't even cling to him, so instead you closed your eyes tightly shut.

"You better not, Lorenzo. It would ruin our chilled out day if I break both my legs before we've even made it outside!"
"Hmm, I suppose it would." Then, smirking, he dropped you at the top of the stairs. For a moment you hung in thin air, your heart in your mouth, before he vamp-speeded to the bottom and caught you. You breathed in deeply in an attempt to catch your breath.

"Don't ever do that again! I'm pretty sure my entire life just flashed before my eyes."

"Well, I thought you still seemed a bit sleepy. It woke you up, didn't it?"

"There's easier ways to do that, like coffee," you muttered under your breath.

Word count: 633