Instant Attraction

Concept: imagine not knowing that you're a magical who has unknowingly bewitched all the boys, especially Tyler Lockwood

It wasn't unusual to get what you wanted, especially from men, but you'd grown so accustomed to it that it wasn't until you moved to Mystic Falls that you started to suspect there was something not... natural about your ability.

Well, you weren't really the one who had began to suspect really, it was your new friends who all seemed to have some kind of supernatural attribute about them, well, except for Matt.

It was a random power, one you had no control over. Sometimes you really didn't mind, the tips at the Mystic Grill were always nice and so was getting into almost any club you wanted at the bat of an eye, but often you found that men became desperate, clingy and sometimes even violent around you. Though it was fun to get Damon to do what you wanted, you had that effect on most of your male friends.

You never actually used your power knowingly, and you had no idea who it affected, which was often a problem. Your friends didn't seem to mind, mostly, but some of them were effected more than others. Namely a particular werewolf whom you happened to have a major crush on.

It was probably that reason he was affect more than others if you thought about it, Caroline had even suggested it was because he was attracted to you but you always shrugged that off with a laugh.

Currently you were serving drinks at the Grill, it was a very busy afternoon and a local band was playing, which only made it even busier. It also didn't help that your boss insisted you were a short skirt as a uniform, pig. If you didn't need the money, you would have quit a long time ago. You'd been working hours by the time some friendly faces made their way into the bar, Matt and Tyler were heading towards the last free table in the corner and you went right to go say hi, ignoring the rude customers demanding you hurried up with their orders even though you clearly weren't the one doing the cooking.

“Hey,” you said like a sigh of relief as you approached, they smiled and greeted you back. “Get you anything? And please, take your time.” Matt laughed and Tyler grinned, eyes flicking over the menu.

“None for me thanks, I'm just passing through, one of my new deputies is meeting me here.” Matt said, looking around and waving to someone you couldn't see across the room. “Gotta go, catch you later.” He said and left, leaving you and Tyler alone at the table.

“I was serious about taking your time by the way, I was supposed to be out of her an hour ago but if I have to stay, I may as well take my time too.” You said with a small smile.

“Or we could just get out of here, it's so busy no one will notice.” He laughed. You pretended to be unsure for a moment then agreed, taking off your apron and putting your order pad away before pushing your way through the crowd and out the door.

Once you were outside you realised how much colder it was than inside with all the sweaty, compact people. The werewolf by your side hardly noticed though as you walked down the street.

“What is it about you?” Tyler asked after a few moments silence, you turned to look at him, your arms wrapped around yourself for warmth.

“What do you mean?” You replied. Tyler looked over and, realising you were cold, handed you his jacket to wear.

“I mean everyone seems to be inexplicably drawn to you, including me.” He added.

You laughed rather self-consciously actually, he wouldn't have given you another glance if you didn't have some kind of supernatural beacon? “I don't know, I just.. I don't know.” You shrugged and looked at your shoes.

He stopped walked and so did you a few paces later, “I didn't mean for that to sound offensive of anything, it's just-”

“What?” You both stood on the pavement facing one another.

“And I know I'm not the only one, but I find it really hard to stop thinking about you.” He explained and it made you curious. He took a step closer, then another, until he was very very close and you could feel your heart beating fast.

You opened your mouth to talk but he grabbed you and kissed you before you could. It took you by surprise and by the time your brain registered what was actually happening you were already leaning into the kiss.

Hastily you pushed him away. “Tyler-” You breathed.

“What?” He asked, still holding you.

“I like you, a lot,” you began.

“So?” He tried to kiss you again.

“So I'm not just going to kiss you back or wherever this is going if you don't really like me.” It was hard for you to say, given how much you actually wanted him, but it needed to be said.

“Y/N-” He started. “I do like you, a lot. I don't know why you... I don't know why everybody seems to be drawn to you but I promise you, that isn't the only reason why I want you.”

“But it is part of the reason.” You said with a frown.

Tyler cupped your face and placed his forehead on yours. “Y/N, please believe me, I do want to be with you.” You shook your head slightly and he took a step back.

“Sorry.” He said and turned to leave.

You wanted to believe him, you really did, and he looked so sincere...

“Wait.” You said and he turned back around just and you grabbed his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss.

“Let's give it a shot.”

Word count: 991