Alright

Concept: Having feelings for Tyler but you keep quite cause Caroline is your friend and she likes him. However Tyler likes you, he knows you feel the same way so he tries to talk to you and set things straight. Caroline knows Tyler doesn't like her like that but she still wants him.

You had been friends with Caroline since you were little, you were unlikely friends though, she was loud and confident and you were quite often kept to yourself until she dragged you somewhere that you didn't really want to be in order to help her. The only reason that you two had met in the first place was that your parents knew each other when Caroline was little. Her mum used to bring her to your parents if she was working late.

When it came to school Caroline had told you that he Mum had asked her to make sure that you weren't alone and in some way, Caroline felt like she owed you that so she allowed you to hang out with her and made sure that no one said anything about you. What neither of you knew was that you had caught the attention of Tyler Lockwood and you thought it was Caroline that he wanted but after his first meeting he set that straight.

You were standing next to Caroline as she went through her locker and talked about everything that she had to do that day, passing you books and things that she wanted for her next class before taking them and putting them in her bag "Hey." You turned at the voice but upon hearing but didn't say anything when you realised that it's Tyler, you assumed that he was talking to Caroline.
"Hey, Tyler." Caroline smiled.
"Hi, Caroline." He said before his eyes turned to you again. "Y/N."
"Hi." You said softly.
"So there's this party later, I was wondering if you were coming?" He asked.
"I'll be there." Caroline smiled.
"Okay, but I was talking to Y/N" Tyler answered and you looked at him, he smiled as he waited for you to answer, you looked at Caroline before shaking your head.
"It's not really my scene." You answered truthfully and Tyler nodded.
"Really?" He asked, "well that makes sense I guess we'll just have to hang out some other time."
"Um, yeah I guess so." You nodded before he walked away.
"I wonder why he wants to hang out with you?" Caroline asked and you looked at him and frowned.
"What do you mean?" You asked.
"Well you're not really his type." She answered and you nodded.
"Oh, I guess you're right." You nodded.

Later that night you were in your bedroom, Caroline and said that she in fact didn't need you to go to the party so you stayed home, your parents were out so you decided that you would just watch a movie while you waited for them to come home. There was a knock at your door and you thought that it was your parents so you didn't think twice about opening the door but then you saw Tyler standing at the door and as soon as you saw him you realised that your parents definitely would not have knocked on the door and you should have known that. "Hi." You greeted. "What are you doing here? I thought that you were going to that party."
"I was and then you said that you weren't coming." He smiled "and I thought that it would be a good time to get to know you."
"Me? Why would you want to know me? You don't have to be my friend to ask me what Caroline likes." You informed him and he shook his head.
"I don't care what Caroline likes." He frowned. "I want to know what you like."
"What I like? Why?" You asked.
"Because I like you." He answered.
"Tyler we can't..." You said and he looked at you.
"Why?" He asked.
"Caroline likes you, I can't do that to her." You said as you looked at the floor.
"Fine then just be my friend, I'll talk to Caroline." He said as he turned away.
"Please don't." You pleaded.
"Why? You don't owe her anything, she doesn't even treat you like her friend." He argued.
"I can't just abandon her." You answered and he sighed and nodded before walking away.

The next day Caroline didn't come and get you for school so you made your way there on your own, you put everything in your locker except for the things that you needed for your next class and when you closed your locker door Caroline was standing there, Elena and Bonnie were on either side of her and they looked uncomfortable "Is something wrong?" You asked.
"What was Tyler doing at your house yesterday?" She asked. "You knew that I liked him, you knew that I was interested and you just what? Invited him there?"
"I didn't invite him over." You answered.
"Yeah sure so he just came to your house because he wanted to be there? What did you promise him?" She asked, by now there was a crowd forming and you were vaguely aware of Bonnie stepping in but you pushed your way out of the quickly forming crowd racing to find somewhere that you could disappear not even noticing Tyler on your way.
"What the hell happened!?" Tyler asked as he pushed through the crowd to find Caroline.
"I just had a little talk with (Y/N)." She answered. "Why do you care anyway, did she promise you more if you defended her?"
"She didn't promise me anything. In fact she told me that we couldn't even go out together because you wanted me. She was so used to giving everything up for you that she didn't even think that I was there to talk to her. I told her that I liked her and she told me that nothing could happen because you liked me too, but you didn't think that because you wouldn't have done the same for her." Tyler argued. "I really don't believe you Caroline, she has put herself before you at every turn and even if she had gone out with me, that would have been one thing that she had taken for herself one, you're unbelievable."

Tyler found you tucked away in one of the many hallways, he could hear you uneven breathing and he knew that you were crying, he approached carefully and crouched next to you "(Y/N)?" He asked and you looked at him before you broke down all over again.
"I don't know what else to do." You cried and he pulled you into his side cradling your head on his chest.
"You don't need to do anything, it's Caroline that needs to change." He said. "You're perfect."
"I'm not..." You dismissed him "no one is."
"Alright so maybe you're not perfect but your record is" He said softly.
"Tyler..." You said softly as your breathing started calming.
"Most of our classes are together today." He said putting his hand out.
"Alright." You nodded, taking his hand.

Word count: 1198