Epilogue: Lost it all.

It's 2:38 a

It's 2:38 a.m. of a cold January morning and I feel like I'm on the brink of losing it all. I'm tired but I feel like if I close my eyes, all that I love will be gone.

I'm petrified that I might lose the most important people to me on this very day. I feel guilty for feeling bad for myself because I'm not on a medical table fighting for my life, while hands go in and out of my body trying to save me. I'm not the one incubated in a small box with tubes running in and out of my body because I'm not healthy enough.

All these people have it the worst and if I could, I'd switch places with them. I'd have it that I feel the pain and not them. But all I can do is sit in a chair and wait...

I've been on this chair for hours. No nurse or doctor has come back to give me an update on Harley or the babies. My mother has even made it to the hospital and I still have no common ground. No information to make me feel like my world might not collapse at any moment.

"Mr Princely," my tired head lifts from staring at the dirty floor. My bloodshot tired eyes meet the soft brown eyes of a nurse with a soft smile.

"Mrs Princely is okay. She had a ruptured placenta, seemingly from trauma that is why she bled profusely during birth. She lost a concerning amount of blood but she'll be fine with a good recovery. We have now just moved her to her room and you can now see her," the nurse explained.

A minuscule weight was lifted off my chest. A big amount of my weight was from the worry of my sons. I still haven't gotten an update on how they're doing.

"What about the babies?" My throat is parched and groggy.

The nurse frowned slightly which only increased my worry. "I'll have to go and ask the pediatric doctor. I'll update you when as soon as I know their condition. Do you want to see your wife now or..." I stood up along with my mother beside me to signal that we want to see her.

The nurse leads us to an elevator that took us to the eighth floor. Harley's room wasn't far from the elevator. Walking into her room broke my heart into a million pieces. Suddenly, since we've found her, I could see her properly.

She was still the same gorgeous Harley, except she had a few fading bruises on her face. This explains the rupture of her placenta. She'd been assaulted the whole time she'd been taken.

I wondered if she'd be in the right head-space if she'd emotionally be fine. I highly doubt it.
You don't go through whatever horrors Harley's been through and come out peachy.

She's going to need as much help from me and professionals as she can get. If anything I just want her and the babies to be healthy and happy.