Just a one nightstand

Shit, shit, shit

Shit, shit, shit.

"What are you still doing there, staring at me!" I bellow at my employees who stand there, staring at their naked boss with stunned eyes. "Move!" I shout and they scurry off to clean and work elsewhere.

Once the door is shut, I sigh into my hands as I cover my face with my hands.
"Oh gosh." I sigh.

I stand up and wrap the sheets around my body as I start looking for my clothes.
I walk around looking, under the bed, on the bed, in the bathroom, on the floor.

"Where tge fuck are my clothes!" I hive out a frustrated sigh.

I head over to my phone on the nightstand and take in a deep breath before hitting the call button.

"What do you want?"

----×

"Thank you so much you're a life saver." I say as I grab the clothes from her quickly and put them on.

She stands there with her arms folded over her chest with a scold on her face, while tapping her foot impatiently on the floor.

"What?" I turn to face her once I'm all dressed up.

"So you fucked Valentino?" She raises one eyebrow, basically judging me.

"Not while I was in the right state of mind." I defend.

"See this is what I was talking about!"

"The fuck are you talking about? Last time I remember, Valentino was single!"

"No, he is not, Harley! He is engaged!" And that's what shut me up. My headache banging against my head and the fact that Valentino is engaged.

I just slept with an engaged man!

"Fuck." I say breathlessly.

"Now don't act like you didn't know. Valentino is a very important man and it was all over the news. So don't tell me you didn't know." She spits with venom.

"Lauren, I'm a very busy person. So forgive me if I don't have the time to open a freaking gossip magazine, because unlike you. I don't sit in a house all day, depending on a cheating ass like husband for money!" Now I'm upset. She hates me for something I didn't do and keeps trying to drag my name through the dirt with her silly gossip shit.

"How dare you say that about my husband!"

"Open your eyes Lauren! I know that you know very damn well that you see what your husband is doing! I don't even live here but I know the bullshit that you, for some reason, keep up with!"

Silence. She stands here, silent. She opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it.

"I didn't kiss your husband Lauren. Trust me. I would never do such a thing to my best friend. And it's hurts me so much that you have put up with Gregg's bullshit. You deserve better and you know that. So now tell me...why are you putting up with his shit?" My voice is now gentle and soft.

Tears start to stream down her face as she sobs. I walk over to her and hug as she sobs into my shoulder. I rub her back to soothe her as she makes my shirt wet but I don't care.

"This isn't even his child." She says into my shoulder and I stop rub her back.

She pulls from the hug and looks me straight in the eyes.
"It's actually Micah's child." That name just leaves me breathless.

Micah. My older brother, which I left here when I went on to building a successful career. When I left, we left things on a bitter note. I don't even know if I'm ready to forgive him and all.

"Oh." That's all I could say.

"I know how it sounds but it just happened and he's been more than sweet since we found out."

"He knows?" She nods her head. "So you're divorced. You and Gregg got divorced?"

"I'm-we're still working out on getting a good divorce lawyer and all." She says and I nod.

"Uhm, well. I'm-I'm glad for you, you guys. I-I have to, uhm. I should get back to New York." I start to walk out but she grabs my arm.

"I would, uhm. I would like for you to be there. When I settle things and everything. Especially when I give birth." She says and I smile warmly.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I say and she smiles back and I head back to my penthouse on the last floor of the hotel.

Because I've already showered, I just pack my bags and head on to the airport.
I walk straight to my private jet and tell the pilot to head to New York before strapping in my seatbelt.

As the plane takes off I can't help but think about Valentino.
The fact that he has a fiancee leaves an unsettling feeling at the pit of my stomach and on top of that I slept with him.
Of all people, I slept with Valentino.
Then to top it off, he me left sleeping in bed, probably to go live a lie with his fiancee.

For some reason, being left alone in bed after sex hurts my feelings. I know I hate him and all but it still hurts for some unknown reason. He didn't even leave a note to explain or at least apologize for his actions. And to make matters worse, I can't remember how we ended up in bed together, all I can remember is the feeling.

The feeling of ecstasy he gave me when we orgasmed. The warmth his hands radiated on my body, it was like fire, sweet fire.

I sigh in sadness. Because now I have to get over it. I can't keep thinking about him, about the one nightstand because that's all it was.

Just a one nightstand.