House or Car?

Waking up this morning I felt overly content

Waking up this morning I felt overly content. I literally heaved a sigh of relief knowing that Tino and I weren't in conflict anymore.

It's such a breath of fresh air to be able to hug and kiss your man because there is no conflict between the two of you.

My happiness only seemed to increase when my promise ring got caught in the little sunlight that flickered through the curtains.

When Tino awoke we both decided to take a nice warm bath together and head home.
For now, I don't know who's place is home honestly. It honestly worries me because I actually want to raise my children in a nice cozy house, not a hotel penthouse or a mansion the size of a museum.

"Where do you think we're going to raise our kids? We haven't even looked for a suitable family house and I've read somewhere that woman carrying twins don't usually carry them full-term like normal moms. So there's a big possibility of these babies popping out next month," I told him with a slight squeeze to his hand that was over the console.

He took a quick glance from the road to give me a small smile.
"Don't stress yourself over something like that, we've got your place and my place. And if you want, we can go house hunting as soon as the festive season's over," he answered a reassuring squeeze to my fat hand.

I didn't really understand house calm he was about this. He knows very well that I don't find either of our places cozy or children suitable enough to raise them there. And house hunting might as well be a second job because you're never quite satisfied with what you find. House hunting takes too long and I don't know if these babies will stay in me long enough until we find the right place, renovate it and have it ready for them.

So many thoughts keep running wild in my head about the long list of things we have to prepare for our littles before they get here and I come to the hard conclusion of We're unprepared.

"We're so fucked," I breathed out. Tino just chuckled and said, "Swear jar."

"Yeah, no shit. Tino, we're so unprepared. We don't even have like an emergency nursery for our kids in case we don't find a place in time. We don't have a birth plan. We don't have clothes, diapers, anything! And I'm so fat, I've even got a double chin," I voiced out my frustrations.
I know the last part wasn't really relevant to my baby rant but I felt the need to let it out.

"Harley, Harley. Calm down. We'll get everything ready in time and the fat part, don't stress yourself over something that small. If you want we can work out together after you've given birth. Shed the baby weight together," he calmly stated.

"Fine, whatever," I gave up on my stress.

We soon arrived at my place and got changed into fresh clothes. We made sure to dress extra warm because snow had started falling earlier this morning.

We prepared–I prepared–food and gad sweet conversation about everything and anything.

When it was almost time for our appointment Tino made sure that bodyguards arrived at the hospital before us to keep any paparazzi from snapping pictures of my fat belly. At this point I can barely hide it, not even jackets help so much but I still wear them.

The car ride to the hospital was very calm and quiet. When we arrived no annoying paparazzi was there–thank god. We headed in and told the receptionist about our appointment and she told us to take a seat in the sitting area.

"What if we have two girls?" I blurted out and he chuckled. "They'd only be allowed to date when they're thirty," I snapped to face him with a raised eyebrow. He just shrugged nonchalantly and I rolled my eyes. "What about two boys?" He smirked.

"I'd rather not say," he smirked smugly and I rolled my eyes again.

"Ms Snart?" The receptionist caught our attention. "You can go in now," she sweetly said and we nodded and headed into the room.

The doctor was waiting for us with a happy smile on her face. This time I didn't hate it so much because I was actually excited myself.

"You guys ready?" Her chirpy voice only made my smile widen. "Not sure," I shrugged.

She gestured me to the bed and told me to lay down on my back.
"I'm going to apply a gel on your stomach. It's really cold though," she said and squirted the gel.

I winced a bit at the cold because it's not like snow didn't already make this a cold day.

She put the ultrasound on my stomach moving it around until we heard loud thuds and that's when I realised it was the heartbeats.

"You hear that? That's the heartbeats," she said and I found myself tearing up. Tino took my hand and intertwined our fingers and kissed the back of my hand.

"So far I don't really see anything wrong with the babies, they look healthy. I suppose you haven't been stressing as much because they look really healthy. Perfect size and they seem to be moving efficiently," she stopped and turned to look at us.

"Do you want to know the genders?" Tino and I looked at each other with excitement.

"House or Car?"