Braxton hicks.

"Braxton hicks

"Braxton hicks." Doctor Becker says. "Braxton what?" I question. I'm still behind on my pregnancy knowlegde and these braxton things just gave me a wake up call.

I am not ready. I haven't done any mommy classes or that pregnant lady yoga or even had a baby shower! I mean I don't even know who I'd bring to the shower because I'm practically a loner but you get my point.

"Braxton hicks. False labor. It's when your uterus tightens and relaxes, gearing you up for the real thing." She explains. "So real labor's worse than this?" I question and she simply nods.

"Braxton hicks usually feel like mild menstrual cramps but because you are carrying twins and have a small body naturally so your uteras has to stretch a lot more than it normally would." I blink a couple of times. "But I am worried, Harley. You are about twenty six weeks pregnant and you only start to feel the braxton hicks now?" She furrows her eyebrows slightly.

"Well yeah. That's why I thought I was in labor." I snort and she frowns. I clear my throat and sit up straighter. "I don't know. I mean when the babies kick or move it's a sharp pain but this one, this was horrible." I tell her and her expression eases.

"Well then maybe the braxton bucks weren't delayed. You know fetus movement is also a cause of braxton hicks. So you've been having them this whole time without knowing." She smile and I blush for some reason.

A knock resounds at the door and we both turn to find Tino with a worried look on his face. "Oh my god, Harley, are you okay? Where are the babies, are they still in here?" He hugs me and puts his head on my belly making me giggle.

"I'm fine, Tino. Just some false labor, formally called braxton hicks." I brush his hair. "What are you even doing here just less than an hours since the bodyguard called you? You weren't even picking your phone up." I question. I happy his here, elated even but how is he here so soon?

He stands up and straightens up. "Uh, I'll be heading out. I'll come check on you again later." Dr. Becker tells us and I nod. I shift to give Tino some space to sit on the bed.

"Yeah, sorry about that. My phone died so I had to borrow my secretary's to check up on you." He seats himself next to me. He pulls me in close as he rests his arm over my shoulders and I lay my head on his chest.

"Okay but that doesn't explain how your here already." I tell him. "Eager to get rid of me?" He teases. "I was already on my way here. I couldn't bare the fact of missing one of your big events, that's why I cut the call short." He explains and the heaviness in my heary returns as I remember my mean words.

"About that..." I start. "Harley, I love you and I'll never compliment you just for the sake of saying it. My hearts says and feels more than my words." He tells me and I face up to kiss his jaw.

"Thanks for coming." I kiss his jaw. "Always." He mutters and then sighs very heavily. Something's definitely bothering himx like there's something he wants to tell me but doesn't know how to tell me.

"What's wrong?" I question and he stands up looking at me through guilty eyes. "Why are you standing? I was enjoying you warmth." I tell him with a small smile.

"Harley, I need to tell you something beflre it comes out and makes matters worse." He carefully tells me and I furrow my eyebrows. "O...kay." I slowly say.

"I-I gave your father the money." He admits and I suck in a sharp breath. "Well not him in particular, like I paid for Eva's treatment." He skeptically tells me and I nod like I understand, I don't understand.

"Why, Tino?" I lowly ask. "It's just that...Eva is just a child a-and I don't think that she shoukd pay for her father's sins." He defends.

"But when I was choosing not to help my father you told me that I didn't have to help him if I didn't want!" I raise my voice slightly, feeling really agitated. "I know..." He says and looks down. "Do you? Do you, Valentino?" I raisemy hands. "Do you realise that you're being a straight up hypocrite right now?" He lifts his head seemingly a little hurt but covers the hurt with coldness.

"A hypocrite? For what? Helping a dying child?" He fends back. "Don't say it like I didn't want to help her. I wanted to, trust me but the thought of satisfying my father just so he could walk out and live a happy life again was too daunting! Trust me!" I sigh deeply. "I just don't get why you tell me I can do whatever I want, act like you don't like my father as much as I do and then the moment I turn my back you go and act buddy-buddy with him."

He lifts his eyebrows as if I caught him off-guard. "Buddy-buddy? I can barely stand him and dare you accuse me of such-"

"Well I wouldn't know, Valentino! I wouldn't freaking know because you went and did it behind my freaking back!" I'm panting from this arguement. The monitor is even beaping louder and faster than it's supposed to but I'm too upset to give a damn.

"But I told you!" He defends and I laugh humourless. "It's not the same thing, Valentino!" I yell out. "You could've told me when you were thinking about it! I would've thought into it and eventually agreed because I'd anything for you, dumbass!" The a nurse walks into the room rushing towards me.

As I pant to hard, breathing starts to constrict, becoming harder with each breath. "I-can't-breathe." I clutch onto my chest.

"Harley! Harley! What's happening to her?" I hear Valentino im the background but his voice is a little muffled and far away.

"I'm gonna need more nurses in here!"