BONUS CHAPTER: Aftermath.

Two days later

Two days later...

Sitting here beside her bed, waiting for her to squeeze my hand to show signs of awakening has been the most agonising thing the past few days. What hurts most is that it's the only thing I can do. I can hold her and I hold her hand like the little hope I'm holding onto.

My sons are too fragile to be held and their mother hasn't even woken up.

I feel like screaming and crying at the same time but I'm too scared to let go of the last bit of control I have.

"Mr Princely..." I look up at the nurse standing by the door and I already know what she's about to say. It's what she's been telling me for the past two days since we they ended up in this place. "Just...I just need a bit more time...please," the last word fades as a sigh the moment it leaves my lips.

The nurse looks at me with sympathy before nodding and leaving to stand outside the door.

I turn back to Harley. Seeing her like this is killing me. She seems so lifeless and absent but I talk to her anyway. I talk to her with the hope that she hears me and might even respond.

"Harley...just...Please wake up or something. I'm loosing it and I need you because you are like my pillar. You keep me from breaking down and without you, I'm falling hard," I kiss her knuckles.

My heart squeezes a little at the thought of feeling her hand weakly squeeze my hand.

She squeezes again and the feeling of joy chokes me with a lump in my throat. "Harley? Baby, squeeze my hand again if you can hear me," the joy and excitement of her waking up brightens everything that was grey.

She squeezes my hand again with a bit more strength though still weak.
"Harley, baby!" Tears flood my eyes as my smile broadens. "Nurse!" I call out and comes rushing in with wide eyes.

"She squeezed my hand," I triumphantly announce. "What? Okay that's great! Let me go get the doctor," she rushes back out to the halls and later returns with the doctor.

"Mr Princely, I know you're excited but don't get your hopes up too high. We need to check if she really is waking up or if it could be something else and we're gonna have to ask you to step out," the doctor says as he leads me out of the room and closes the door.

I walk to the waiting room and take a seat there with a slightly happier heart than earlier.
My mother walks in just on time to catch me sitting there. "Ready to go home?" She asks and I look up at her. "She waking up," I announced and she seemed shocked at first before smiling and hugging me tightly. "That's fantastic Valentino!"