Love Bug

"We should really find a way out."

"Kay, good luck then," I said, lazily looking at the clouds. "That one looks like an elephant."

"You're no help."

Sighing, I rolled over, "Logan, we have been here for an hour and guess what, we're still here. Besides I know this place like the back of my hands-"

He snorted.

"Like you know it way better than I do," I shot at him. I sat up and brushed

"I just want to get out of here," he said.

"Why? Afraid of the little bugs?" I teased. "Saw the vid, you guys were freaking out over ants."

"They were huge," he dais, defensively.

"Alright, alright, so tell me how big the ants are. This big?" I stretched my arms wide, smiling innocently.

He grinned and tackled me, burying his face in my neck, rolling us around.

"Logan! You're heavy!" I told him, giggling and trying to push him off.

He finally rolled off, grinning. I scooted closer and cuddled with him with his arm around me and my head on his chest.

"We still have to get out of here, he said, his thumb circling on the back of my hand. "Or James will kill me."

"He can't kill you if we don't get back," I pointed out.

"But if they do find us, he'll kill us-"

"Or he'll interrogate you till he get the answers he wants," I added.

"What answers?"

"Well, since we're here just the two of us," I explained. "He'll think something happened between us."

"What if something did?"

"Since you're his friend, he'll probably go easy on you," I told him.

"Lucky me," he muttered.

I turned to look at him, "That's why we should keep 'us' a secret. James can be a bit over protective."

"Yeah, I guess I-"

"Logan! Emily!"

I sat up, "Was that-?"

"Logan! Emily! Where are you guys?"

"Carlos?" Logan called out, "We're here!"

We sat up and I brushed away the dirt on my clothes just as a familiar figure emerged. Carlos pushed a branch to avoid being hit in the head. He seemed to be here alone.

"Hey man, so good of you to join us," Logan said, grinning.

"Have you two been here the whole time?"

"Yeah, they say if you're lost you should stay in one place till help comes," I told him.

"Why didn't you just go up?" He asked, confused.

"Up where?"

"There's a way there that we can go up," he explained, panning slightly. I just realized how tired he looked, had he been running?

I felt a bit silly just lying there and waiting for help to come when we could've just gone up the whole time. Logan kept giving me looks that I just ignored. I'm not showing him that he won this.

"Carlos!"

I groaned, "James is here too?"

"He's worried about you," Carlos said. I know he was but I never liked it when he does.

"There you are," he said, giving me a quick hug.

First, he'll be worried like Mum.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt? I was worried sick when you didn't come back."

Then, he'll realize Logan was with me and looked relief for a second before something occurred him.

"What have you two been up to? You'd better not lay a hand on her," he said, threateningly to Logan who raised his hands in defense.

Then, he'll turn to me, scolding me like a five year old.

"And you, what'd you think you were-"

"James," I cut him off. "Remember those times when you say to always stay at one place when you're lost so help comes."

"You could've just used the way up there," he said, pointing to the clearing.

"Sorry, I didn't realize it was there till Carlos told me," I said, looking guilty. I played my hands together and looked down at the ground, glancing at James with a sad look, "I got scared when I thought there was no way up. Logan was no help at all."

"Hey!"

I heard James sighed, "You should've check next time."

"I will..."

"Alright, let's get back before Mum gets worried."

Later that night ~

James POV

After explaining to Mum what happened, and made sure everything was alright, I knocked on Emily's door. I was glad we found her, she looked scared and sorry and who knows what could be down there. The people who lived near the area said there were snakes in the tall grass and a wolf was heard at night. I don't believe the wolf part but I wasn't so sure about the snakes.

"Come in."

I opened the door to see she was on her bed and on her laptop, as usual.

"Hey, you alright?"

She nodded, giving me a smile, "Fine."

The questions that were playing in my head never came out. She's my sister so I should be able to talk to her like normal but seeing we haven't spoken properly in a while, it was a bit hard. Mum tried to push me into spending more time with her but I somehow couldn't.

"Is there anything else?" She asked, seemingly curious.

I opened my mouth to ask the thing that had been bugging me for a while but instead I shook my head and said, "No, I just wanted to check that you were fine."

I was about to close the door when I heard my name called.

"Thanks for looking....for me," she said, gratefully.

"No problem, sis."

She made a face, "Don't call me that."

"You are my sister."

"Yes, but 'sis' is so bleugh! Just call me Ems, Emily," she said.

I chuckled, "Alright, Ems, later."

I shut the door behind me, shaking my head. I heard Kendall calling me from our room, something about beating my score.

Yeah, not this time!

Emily's POV

"Is he gone?"

"Yeah, that was close," I told him. "We could've been caught."

"Thankfully we didn't, did we?" Logan said, smirking, slowly closing the distance between us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiyo! Hope you had an enjoyable Christmas and Happy New Years! This is my gift to you all.

I'm really really REALLY sorry that I haven't updated in a while and that the goal wasn't reached since it's already the end of 2012. But I hope you forgive me so :)

Song on the side, Love Bug by Jonas Brothers!

Comments and thoughts below v