Amusement From Our Dear Stephanie

"EMILY!!!!" 

That was the first thing I heard when I woke up. Actually that was the reason I was partially awake. 

I groaned. 

Who would wake me up at- 

Check my clock. 

-10 in the morning?!! That's uncalled for! 

KNOCK KNOCK!!! 

"What?" I said, my voice muffled by my pillow. 

"EMILY!!!"  

James! Mum must have sent him. 

Damn it! I'm in no mood to see my annoying brother! 

"Go away!" I managed to shout. 

"Not until you wake up and get down for breakfast!" 

"I'm not hungry!" 

Suddenly the door swung open. Damn it! He found the keys! 

"Emily!" he groaned. 

He pulled my blanket and I hugged my pillow as hard as I could. He tried to pull it away and I kicked him as hard as I could. I accidentally hit his stomach, I think. 

I'm pretty sure it's his stomach but I didn't bother to check as I heard him groaned in pain. 

"Serves you right for trying to take my baby away!" I told him, my face still burried in the pillow. 

"What baby?" 

I didn't say anything but just hoped he'd leave me alone. 

"I didn't want to do this," he said. "But you left me no choice." 

I heard some sounds but I wasn't really sure what made it. After that, I heard the door closed. 

He must have left. 

The room suddenly felt hotter and hotter. 

I removed the pillow from my face hoping to get some air but was instead blinded by the lights that were switched on combined by the sunlight. 

I usually kept the curtains shut since my room is already bright enough but I guess James opened it to get me up. 

That bastard! He even switched off the fan just to make the room hotter! 

Doesn't he know that I could die from heat in here? 

I grumbled to myself as I got up to close the curtains and switched off the light. No point of going back to sleep now. 

I went downstairs to find the boys were busy eating pancakes. No one told me about pancakes! 

I quickly ran down and took a seat next to James. 

"Oh, you're up!" James said, mocking surprise. 

"Bastard," I muttered.  

He just grinned at me. 

"Morning Emily," my mum greeted, putting some pancakes on my plate. 

"Morning," I told her, pouring chocolate syrup on to my delicious pancakes. 

"So," she said, taking a seat. "I'm gonna be pretty busy today so Emily you will make dinner for them. Just you and the boys. Your dad is working late tonight just like me!" 

"Shouldn't you worry over the fact that I have to stay alone at night with four different guys?" I asked her. "At once?" 

"I'm your brother," James pointed out.