Play Time

"Yes! Second time today," I said, smugly. I high fived Marissa and Jane and grinned at the four tired guys.

  "Give up?" Marissa smirked.

  "Never," Kendall said.

  We were playing simple football. Marissa was our goalkeeper, an excellent one at that. Jane and I were kickers against Kendall and James. Logan as their goal keeper. Maybe it was the heat, but we were winning. Carlos took turn playing with James. But although we were one person short, the girls are on fire! Kendall clearly didn't like that.

  "I want a rematch!" he demanded.

  "Another one?" Jane teased.

  "We'll win the next one," James said.

  "You mean like the last game you won," I said, innocently.

  "Don't get too cocky, Maslow," Logan called out.

  "Yeah, don't get too cocky, Maslow," I mocked.

  James narrowed his eyes at me, "We're. Gonna. Win."

  "Bring it."

  The game began with Carlos as the referee. Jane managed to get the ball and kicked it towards me. Thankfully, I watched enough sports shows to know what not to do. I kicked the ball and it hit the goal pole and bounced off somewhere.

  I groaned at Logan, "You were supposed to catch it."

  "You were the one who kicked it," he said.

  "Yeah, yeah, I'll go get it," I told him and went off. Hopefully, the ball didn't bounce over the fence. That'll be a hassle. I got to the small clearing but no ball was in sight. I climbed up a tree in hopes to find the ball but all I could see was green, green and, of course, green. I got down from the tree when a voice caught my attention.

  "Found it?"

  "No. What are you doing here, anyway?" I asked.

  "I got worried," he answered casually.

  "I doubt I was gone for more than ten minutes," I said but he just shrugged. "But two heads are better than one, so you seen the ball?"

  "No, but I think you kicked it there," he said, before running off.

  When I caught up with him, he was peering over the fence. I groaned, "Please, don't say it went over the fence."

  "Kay."

   I held back the urge to slap the back of his head.

  I looked over the fance towards the steep hill that followed. At the bottom of it, the ball rolled. I mentally cursed myself for kicking the ball that far. Why'd I kick it that far? Oh yeah, too win...

  It was worth it.

  I snapped back to reality when I realized Logan was already climbing over the fence.

  "What do you think you're doing?"

  "Getting the ball," he said. "Since you're too busy checking me out."

  "Wha-? I was not checking you out!" I said, going a bit red.

  "Then, why are you blushing?"

  "I am not!"

  After he got over to the other side, he looked at me expectantly, "Coming?"

  I rolled my eyes and climbed over. When I got off, I peered down the hill. It was definitely steep and probably unsafe. But I can't help getting the urge to slide down it or even skateboard. Going down so fast, the wind seemed to be rushing by.

  "Emily?"

  "Do you see any plank or wood or skateboard or anything to slide down with?" I asked, my voice bubbling with excitement.

  "What? We can't slide down there," he said, surprised.

  "And they said you were the fun one," I muttered.

  "Come on," he said, taking my hand. "We don't want to lose one another."

  "We don't?" I asked, innocently.

  Ignoring me, he carefully took a step, "Well, I don't see what James was fu-whoa!"

  The next thing we knew we were sliding down the hill. It would be fun and enjoyable if it wasn't for the fact that my butt was aching from the ride. The sharp rocks wasn't helping at all. When we came to a stop at the end, I rolled on top of Logan, propping myself up with the help of my elbow.

  I glared at him, "What the hell?"

  "Sorry," he smiled sheepishly. We both sat up and he grinned at our position, "Well, aren't we cosy."

  "Don't get used to it," I said, trying to get up, but was immediately pulled back down.

  He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, "Let's enjoy this moment."

  "You do know they could find us like this, right?"

  "I guess, we have to make the best of it," he said, leaning closer. 

  Catching on, I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned in, so close, our nose almost touched, "And what do you suggest we do?"

  "Well," he said, and touched our lips together. The way our lips moved against each other sent sparks throughout my body. His hand gently cupping my face, caressing my cheek. My hand running through his soft hair. We wer-

  "What was that?" he pulled away, suddenly and looked around.

  "What?"

  "I thought I saw something," he said, looking around cautiously.

  I got up from him and brushed my clothes, "Well, I doubt there's anyone here but us."

  "Yeah, I guess I was just imagining it," he said, sounding a bit doubtful.

  "Are you okay?" I asked, picking up the ball.

  "Yeah, come on, let's go," he said. "We got the ball and we don't want them to worry."

  "Okay, but how are we gonna get back up?" I asked, looking at the hill. "There is no way we can get back up that way."

  "Isn't there another way?"

  "If there was, we won't still be down here, would we?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tadaa! The latest chapt of YIAMS and I have finally updated and I have to apologise for the really late update. Hope you enjoyed it! So, people have been asking me to write another Emily & Logan scene and there you go! Like it? Sorry, if it's not romantic enough.

Haha! Now, Emily is stuck with Logan and James and the others are probably worried. What ever will they do? 

Guess how they escape! Someone suggested they try swinging back up but I honestly don't know how that's possible so do you have any guesses?