I'm Bored! What'd You Expect?

"Mum!!! I'm hungry," I whined. "Can we please stop somewhere?"

My mum sighed and said, "Emily, you know very well that we have no more stops left so I suggest you stop whining and go to sleep."

I huffed and sat back down. This is damn boring! The snacks are almost gone thanks to the four idiots in this car and I'm dead bored! They're all asleep and did I mention that I'm bored?

Yup, that's how bored I am.

My dad was still driving and I seriously don't know how the heck he managed to stay awake.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you tired?"

"Not really, why?"

"You want me to drive while you take a break?" I asked, hopefully.

"Emily..." my Mum sighed.

My dad just chuckled and said, "It's alright, Em. I'll be fine."

"Yeah but what if you're getting sleepy? I don't want you to fall asleep while driving," I said. "I don't want us to crash, let alone get a ticket for driving while sleeping."

"I won't fall asleep."

"You promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay, I trust you, you know," I told him.

"I promise I won't let us crash," he said.

I stayed quiet for a while, wondering what to do.

"Dad?"

"Yes, Em?"

"When are we gonna be there?"

"We'll be there soon," he told me.

"How long is soon?"

"Another half hour, maybe," he said, keeping his eyes on the road.

"A half hour?" I asked, slumping into my seat.

A half hour?!! What am I supposed to do in the next hour? I can't just sit here and listen to songs! I mean I can but it'll be dead boring and I can't go back to sleep when I just woke minutes ago. Gyaa! I hate long car trips!!!

I looked at James who was sitting next to me. He looked so peaceful, sleeping there like a baby. Well, whoever's watching better enjoy this for he's not gonna be looking so peaceful anytime soon.

I brushed some hair way from his ear. Then I flicked his ear. He grumbled and turned away, giving me the full view. I flicked him again and he tried swatting my hand away. I held back a laugh and I flicked his ear again.

Annoyed, he opened his eyes, groggily and grumbled at me, "Stop it, Em!"

"James!" I shook him so he'll wake up. "I'm bored."

"Great," he mumbled, turning away.

"James," I shook him. "As my big brother, you should wake up and entertain me like you do to your fans. Just don't sing cause I don't like it when you sing."

"As my sister, you should let me have my beauty sleep and go find someone else to entertain you," his voice was muffled a bit as his face was half buried into the cushion seat.

I frowned and forced him to turn around. He opened his eyes slowly and glared at me. While he did, his mouth let out a yawn, ruining the glare affect.

I giggled, "You look really weird you do that. I don't know why girls find you hot and also, your breath stinks."

"Shut up," he said, sitting up properly.