💖Chapter 1💖

A man his late twenties standing in front of a cabana, watching a lady in her early twenties looking at the stars in the ebony skies.

I had hurt her really bad with his words and was regretting for doing so.

He thought she will never understand her pain but she did perfectly well and by yelling at her he not only hurt her but undermined a pain of loosing her parent.

He thanked Lavanya for telling him the truth because he was planning on taunting her if he met her again.

He wanted the speak to her and he had to show up at the party because Lavanya had invited Khushi and even though he hated parties, he had to come because it was a perfect opportunity to fix his mistakes.

Flashback.

Today was Arnav's mother's death anniversary and on those days he became more worse than the ASR everyone knew.

He himself knew that and therefore avoided everyone but not one woman who keeps on showing up everywhere he goes.

The pain of loosing his mother and the realization that the so called hate he felt for Khushi was actually love after he heard a conversation about her engagement to another man.

He was already dressed for the occasion when he felt a hand on his shoulder and he knew exactly whom that hand belongs to.

It belongs to the woman he is trying to avoid but can't because his heart was yearning for her.

He turned to found a sympathetic look on her face.

"Am really sorry about your loss. " Khushi said sincerely but instead of thanking her he got mad and frown making her shocked.

"You will never know what it feels like to lose the person you love....... So stop with this pity because I hate it and I hate you." Arnav yelled attracting the other family members who rushed upstairs to find Khushi with tears streaming down her cheeks and a raging Arnav. "Now get your fake sympathy and pity out off my sight now. "

Khushi flinched as tears streamed down her cheeks and she rushed out crying turning a dead ears to Lavanya, Anjali and Nani's calls.

The entire family turned to Arnav glaring at him but it melted to pity seeing the remorse on his face.

"She knows how it feels to lose a parent. " Lavanya said shocking and confusing all of them.

"Lavanya..... What do you mean she knows how it feels if Shashi and Garima are her parent? " Anjali asked and Lavanya shook her head.

"Shashi and Garima are the foster parent of Khushi. " Lavanya revealed shocking everyone. "Khushi's parent died in a car accident when she was just eight years old......... Her mother is the adopted sister of Garima and Shashi is good friend of her father so they adopted her after they died."

Arnav felt so disgusted of himself for saying those terrible words to her.

"Hello hi bye bye....... How do you know all this? " Mami asked in shock.

"She told me and the worse part of it all is that she was in the car with her parent the day they died. " Lavanya said making all except Arnav gasp in shock.

Arnav felt sick to his stomach and wanted to follow her but the priest call out to them to start and he remorsefully walked downstairs to perform the rites but his mind was on Khushi and how he hurt her with his words and his irrational behavior.