💖 Chapter 16 💖

No proof read.

Three Weeks Later.

Nani looked at the woman she had called her daughter in law for the past thirty years as she looked out the window lost in thought.

There was no denying Mami did love her son at some point of a time but Mami let status and wealth over power her love and her eagerness to please her.

Mami did everything to please her including loving Anjali over her own son.

It's been two weeks since her divorce from Manohar and Mami has changed from the flashy, colourful and extravagantly dressed woman to a simple saree clapped woman.

Due to financial difficulties, they all had to sell their jewelry which Arnav allowed them to take away the day he kicked them out and they were now living in simple four bedroom apartment in Laxmi Nagar.

Anjali on the other hand has sinked deeply into depression and went crazy when she was told Arnav wanted them to leave the house.

She protested but Mami and Nani dragged her out of the house and out of anger,she leaked information to the media lying that Arnav has abandoned her and her grandmother.

Arnav received a major backlash which affected the company and his personal life with people even blaming Khushi and Payal and calling the names.

And she even got worse when Arnav who was criticized held a press conference and exposed Anjali and all her deeds.

After that she became the villain and taunted everywhere she went and people even supported Arnav and apologized for their harsh behavior and words against him and Khushi.

Anjali became more erratic each passing day and Nani took her to a psychiatrist and she has suggested Anjali must be taken to an asylum or she will be a danger to everyone especially to Khushi whom she constantly held responsible for her misery but Nani couldn't bring herself to do that to her only granddaughter.

Subhadra on the other hand like always left to her hermitage after wrecking havoc on their lives again but she couldn't blame her as she was the one who called her to help her force Arnav  to go back to being Anjali's puppet and today, they are reaping what they sowed.

Nani sighed and moved to Anjali's room to give her her medicine but she was no where to be found.

She panicked and rushed out breaking Mami's reverie.

"Manu...... Have you seen Anjali? " She asked and Mami shook her head no.

Nani began to panic fearing she would do something bad to herself or worse to others.

A noise broke their reverie and they turned to find their maid Kamala rushing in and up to them.

"Naniji....... You have to stop Anjaliji....... I saw her taking an auto rickshaw and heard her telling the driver to drive her to AR designs...... She looked really scary. " She exclaimed in fear as she had known the family for the past three weeks since she become their help and knew Anjali was mentally unstable.

Nani and Mami panicked and rushed out of the house and into a rickshaw heading to AR.

AR Designs.

Khushi and Payal walked into the building with two girls following them with a basket and from the aroma, everyone near knew it was their bosses lunch.

These two ladies were the women of their bosses and since the press conference where Arnav and Akash had exposed Anjali and introduced them to the world everyone feared them just like they did with their men.