purgatory | clarke griffin

[ ☆ ]

fandom? the 100

name? atlas mayfield

face claim? ryan potter

age? eighteen

love interest? clarke griffin [serious slow burn]

season? one—

PLOT

"in which atlas lets himself be used as a get out of jail free card"

atlas mayfield has spent months in the skybox, wasting away in earth skills before being sent down along with 99 other delinquents to the ground as experimental guineapigs. he was incarcerated for murder btw. he didn't do it, but atlas wasn't about to rat out his best friend.

maybe if she hadn't runaway and stayed to help him with the bullet wound she caused, they'd both still have their freedom (freedom. even that's foreign to regular civilians on the ark). now after that betrayal, atlas isn't so eager to help anyone anymore, despite every instinct he's ever had. at every turn, he does his best to blend in and stick to the shadows. not even on the ground, where the only have each other to rely on. it's only until clarke griffin is in dire need of medical assistance in saving finn collins that he finally lets go of his frosty exterior and aid his friend.

XTRA NOTES

XTRA NOTES

atlas is a cutie. he hates seeing people in pain or hurting, but he also hates being taken for granted. now don't get me wrong—atlas isn't blind or naïve. he's not the type to see the best in people, but he is willing to give people another chance (certain people are the exception though), even if he may not show it. the skybox toughens his exterior, making him realize that understanding the world isn't just black and white. he judges people at every turn, deciding what shade of gray they fit in the spectrum of good & evil. it's a fun game he really likes to play.

also yes, this is extremely bad (at painful to admit) but atlas is friends with finn. they're not besties or anything, but they have a bond over being in the skybox to protect the people they love. you can bet your ass atlas stops liking him once he sees the kind of person he is on the ground—cheating on raven and slaughtering an entire village? atlas would be absolutely horrified & disgusted.

btw atlas has medical training, making him extremely crucial to the 100 in season one. his medical career was his passion, and he had a fast track to med school and getting out of the poorest class on the ark before being incarcerated (another reason why he stores so much hatred for prescott. that one friendship cost him everything). 

don't forget to add in other characters for atlas to interact with! maybe even some ocs, like his bunkmate or the people he hung around in the skybox (of course, that would mean finn as well). 

lastly, clarke & atlas. clarke is an extremely morally gray character, just like bellamy, and atlas has an entertaining time figuring it out. like i noted up top, it's a slow burn, so atlas and clarke aren't about to developmemt romantic feelings within the first season you know?

i must point out that these are all suggestions! it is what i had planned for hera and her story, and if you adopt it i do ask that you stick somewhat to the storyline, but it is your mostly choice since you're the one writing it!