tangled | the flash

[ ☆ ]

fandom? the flash

name? caroline "care" allen

face claim? grace van dien

age? sixteen

love interest? none—maybe wally west

season? end of two—three au

PLOT

"in which caroline allen is forced to choose between her existence and her father's happiness"

something is different—someone has messed with the timeline, and now the effects are rippling all throughout caroline's life. she finds out that it's only a amount of time before she all but ceases to exist. the only way for her to do is to travel back in time and prevent it from happening—prevent her dad from erasing her from existence. 

but as stupid as sixteen year-olds can get, not everything goes to plan, and when she sees the life barry allen has away from her and her mother, caroline second-guesses ripping him out of his new happy reality. time's running out, and with a new memory fading from her mind everyday, she has to choose between her family or his new one.

 time's running out, and with a new memory fading from her mind everyday, she has to choose between her family or his new one

XTRA NOTES

"hola. soy caroline, tu hija" (that's about as good as my spanish is going to get). i'd like to let y'all know that i formulated this plot back in 2017, so no. i didn't just decide to steal season five's plot (which was pretty horrible btw i miss the old flash). this plot was birthed in 2017 when i was rewatching season two of the flash and realized how much patty and barry were ripped off. caroline's metahuman gene gives her the ability to grow things. it's a pretty dangerous gift, but her entire life was surrounded by teachers who helped her learn control easily and use it for good.

this is a season three au where caroline has absolutely no idea what she's doing but with one clear mission in mind: get her dad and mom back together and split him and iris up. barry was the first to disappear from her timeline so that's why she's all alone in the past/now-present. somehow she should be able to integrate herself into team flash—especially since she's a metahuman with no family and no home. caroline gets to know the wests more and she sees how barry is like with them so its harder and harder for her to continue.

time runs out fast in this story, and as she loses her memories she sees how great barry's life is even after the flashpoint fiasco. this is a more father/daughter story than anything so probably no love interest. all caroline's ever known growing up is how epic his love with patty is, especially since they're so cheesy with each other, so seeing him so in love he is with another woman is a shock. the entire thing takes a toll on her sixteen year-old self. 

(!!) the whole wally west thing is completely unecessary, but should you do it, don't make it a central part of the plot—the story should be able to exist without the romance. (!!)

i must point out that most of these are suggestions! it is what i had planned for em and her story, and if you adopt it i do ask that you try to stick to the storyline, but it is mostly your choice since you're the one writing it!