chrysalis | jason grace ✔️

[ ✔️taken by @dancing_tash143 ]

fandom? percy jackson & co.

name? mara sato

face claim? danielle rose russell

age? fifteen-sixteen

parentage? poseidon

love interest? jason grace

book? son of neptune—blood of olympus

PLOT

"in which mara finds herself undead and in the middle of another prophecy"

mara sato was not in the mood to be brought back to life. especially being brought back two days after she died in the titan war. for gods' sake, she wasn't even at the right camp--she didn't even know there were more than one! but once she's brought back, she's sworn to secrecy about everything she knows about camp half-blood and forced to build a life among these . . . roman demigods. 

mara actually does a decent job of laying low and building a life in the new rome. she even made a couple friends and found someone willing to actually take a chance on her--until he disappeared, of course. 

if only her half-brother hadn't shown up right before things fell apart.

XTRA NOTES

XTRA NOTES

i know this plot sounds a little loosey goosey, but i actually put a lot of thought into it and am kind of sad to be giving it away because of how much this plot means to me :,(( but mara deserves to be written!

a little background for y'all:

mara isn't asian, obviously, but she was adopted by an asian (japanese-american) couple living in new york. her parents died in a flood a couple years before the titan war--maybe during the third book? (she's very culturally educated) and i'd also like to point out that mara wasn't in any of the quests during the pjo series! except maybe apart of clarisse's crew in som but that's only in flashbacks (which i highly encourage you to do).

[btw: i originally planned this out as an asian face claim, but i couldn't find a good, young, japanese (well-fitting for the character) face claim, and danielle rose russell's personality on legacies as hope is what i sort of envision for mara. if and only if you find a good face claim for mara to replace with danielle, thats totally cool with me! please just tell me first]

mara is also very, very snarky, has commitment issues, and is absolutely positively everything a scorpio is described as :) she's super duper scary and powerful. as you've seen, she's the daughter of poseidon, but know one should know that--not even chiron because she got claimed when she was alone. you should also know she hates percy and dislikes annabeth

and last but definitely not least . . . how she died!!

michael yew and she were besties and when he died, she tried to save him but they both ended up dying--and boom! mara's back alive but at camp jupiter with a certain jason grace staring at her. IMAGINE THE PARALLEL : percabeth's meet and marason's meet omgggg!

i must point out that most of these are suggestions! it is what i had planned for mara and her story, and if you adopt it i do ask that you stick somewhat to the storyline, but it is your choice since you're the one writing it! 

!!! if you do change mara's face claim, please don't do it for the sake of some prettier face. i'd want a change to a more suitable face claim for mara herself. 

UPDATE: Y'ALL I FOUND OUT THAT KAYLEE BRYANT HAS JAPANESE BLOOD SO FEEL FREE TO CHANGE HER AS THE FACE CLAIM AND MAKE IT SO INSTEAD, SHE WASN'T ADOPTED AND WAS RAISED BY A SINGLE ASIAN MOTHER!