odyssey | josie saltzman

[ ★ ]

fandom? legacies

name? hera mauvelin

face claim? liza soberano

age? sixteen

love interest? josie saltzman

season? two--

PLOT

"in which hera learns the actual definition of not aging a day"

hera mauvelin has a bucket list. go to school, visit the ocean, have one epic love story. it's basically everything that she wishes she could do, but can't because of the need to keep her family's secret. no one could know what they really are. but unfortunately, hera's bucket list is put on hold when she and her family are swallowed up and put into a deep sleep. twenty years later, hera wakes up to mud clone and a tribrid looking right at her.

now back in the world and with new knowledge of the supernatural, hera definitely has every intention of checking off everything on her bucket list. but first, she has to find her family, adjust to her new home in virginia, all while trying to keep josette saltzman from tearing apart her new friend. 

seriously, why is everyone so violent and broody around here?

XTRA NOTES

hera is a ray of adorable, uv-light sunshine. she's basically an independent, stable, positive-vibes all around, girl version of mg :) so they should be besties the moment they meet each other, kapeash? she absolutely wants to live life as much as she can, especially after finding out twenty years of her life was taken from her.

there's a couple of family issues, too. and like mg, she sort of ignores them/pretends her problems aren't real. deep down she's hated being hidden from the world by her human mother and supernatural father, but instead of doing anything, she sort of represses it into denial. it can sometimes effect her choices--make her wonder about whether or not she's actually feeling what she feels or if her head is just messing with her.

also! you should know that her family is still inside malivore. her mom's human so that should be a separate plot point and hera should have slight ptsd from being swallowed up. oh, why, what is she?? let me tell you, hera ikapati mauvelin is mystic falls's first hippokampos !

oh yeah, the ability to echolocate, shift into an actual sea horse, and light up her skin in rainbow colors of the ocean? (hera hasn't even seen the ocean :(( ) go abso-fucking-lutely crazy !!

this story is more friendship and self-care than romance !!

i must point out that these are all suggestions! it is what i had planned for hera and her story, and if you adopt it i do ask that you stick somewhat to the storyline, but it is your mostly choice since you're the one writing it!

also! hera's mom is filipino and her father is greek! that is unchangeable! her cultural origins MUST pay a big part in her story--language, actions, beliefs, etc.. i'll give further details should you be interested in the plot :)