firecracker | the darkest minds

[ ★ ]

fandom? the darkest minds.

name? theodora "thea" blaine

face claim? bailee madison 

age? fifteen

love interest? jude; no love interest

book? never fade—

PLOT

"in which thea gambles everything just to be free"

theodora blaine is the children's league's poster child. as one of the earliest and youngest psi field agents, thea's learned to maintain an air of menace and mystery. ever since escaping thurmond, she's realized some things are best kept secret. the scowling practice is from hanging around her close friend cole stewart for so long. or maybe it's from dealing with idiots like robb. or it's possibly just because a sunny disposition didn't fit in the league. either way, thea has a pretty mean scowl.

for four years, thea has worked for the league, letting her scowl, skillset and photographic memory do the talking for her. but as devoted as she is to the league's cause, she's definitely not a fan of the league itself. things are about to change. there's a plan set in motion. and if ruby daly does her part right, everyone's going to find out who she really is.

 and if ruby daly does her part right, everyone's going to find out who she really is

XTRA NOTES

i'm seriously crap at summaries, so hopefully this will clear things up a bit.

thea's had a photographic memory since she was born, but she never displayed it or showed it off so when she reached the league, she used it to her advantage and pretended to be green--sort of like ruby at thurmond. if it wasn't obvious enough, thea is a red, which is part of the reason why she and cole are so close (brother sister dynamic that used to include liam *wink, wink*).

also! she was apart of camp thurmond as a red, until they evacuated her group two years after and that's when she was able to escape. categorized as a red (aka the most dangerous), white noise is used the most on them. this gives thea a high tolerance for the painful sound and thus, helps her escape during transport and makes her a valuable agent in the field for the league.

i planned for thea to follow ruby and (to her dismay) jude with vida. liam left the league awhile back so there should be some tension between him and thea when they see each other again! btw if you hadn't noticed yet, thea is a serious pessimist. that's why jude's sunny personality should be an important part of her journey. she kind of relies on him despite what she may say otherwise.

and lastly, thea accidentally burned her house down, which resulted in her becoming an orphan. seriously traumatizing for my bby :,( that should play a major role in her character arc! 

i must point out that these are all suggestions! it is what i had planned for thea and her story, and if you adopt it i do ask that you stick somewhat to the storyline, but it is your choice since you're the one writing it!

also! jude, liam and cole's roles in the story are unchangeable! it absolutely must be a part of the story! IT IS CRUCIAL! i'll give further details should you be interested in the plot :)