Chapter Twenty-Nine

A FEW DAYS LATER, AT THE BAR; Weasel is telling a joke to some men, it's pretty busy for a weekday night. He smiles as he looks around the mercenaries gathered.

"So the doctor says, 'Well the bad news is, you don't have that much time to live?' He says, 'How long do I have?' The doctor says, 'Five.' The guy says, 'Five what?' The doctor says, 'Four, three, two...'" Weasel and the mercenaries laugh at the joke. Weasel then notices that Francis, Angel, and some of their men have come in, all dressed in black and military-esque gear. Weasel attempts to hide his fear. "Can I help you, ladies?"

"Well, I sure hope so. I heard you might be able to point me in the direction of a, um... A friend of mine. Name of Wade Wilson." Francis answers. Weasel shakes his head.

"Sorry. I don't know the name" Weasel answers, Angel reaches and grabs something on the back wall. "Hey, you're not supposed to be behind the bar"

"I recognize that girl." Angel turns a polaroid around to show Francis who takes it from her. It's a photo of Maze and Wade, from their early years together.

"This must be Mazikeen. I've heard so much about her" Francis comments. Angel holds Weasel up against the wall. Every mercenary in the bar pulls out a gun and points it at her.

"Um, sweetheart, you might want to look around. This isn't really the place to do something like that." Weasel points out to her.

"Easy, Angel. Put the little man down." Francis warns as he pockets the photo of Wade and Maze. Angel puts Weasel down. "We have everything we need now."

"You sure? You don't want any clothes that aren't monochromatic? Have fun at your midnight showing of Blade 2." Weasel offers as Angel, Francis, and the men with them leave. "Woo." Weasel lets out a relieves breath and turns to the rest of the bar. "Thanks for having my back, guys." He offers the mercenaries. He then moves to the phone and dials Wade's number. "Wade, we have a fucking problem. And by we, I mean you and sassy-demon-pants"

.........

Wade and Weasel walk down a sidewalk heading towards a strip club at the end of the street. The strip club where Maze is currently working a shift. Wade is wearing his hoodie hood all the way up, hiding himself from the world.

"I can't believe this is happening" Wade complains. He should have seen it happening. Going after Francis was going to come back to bite him in the ass and threaten the people he loves. It's a typical superhero plot device. "I can believe this is happening" He corrects himself.

"Do you know what you're going to say to her?" Weasel asks.

"Ugh, fuck me," Wade complains because he doesn't want to tell the demonic version of his girlfriend that he screwed up and put her in harm's way.

"Uh, I'd maybe not start with that." Weasel points out.

...........

Wade lets out a breath as he and Weasel enter the strip club, dancers and clients meander around, it's pretty packed actually. Wade's eyes are instantly moving around for Maze.

"We've got to find her fast, before numbnuts does," Wade tells Weasel.

"Are you sure she's working tonight?" Weasel counters, Wade nods.

"Of course I am, I'm constantly stalking the fox," Wade admits as he makes his way through the club. Weasel gets distracted by a stripper whilst Wade searches and eventually finds Maze. Wade lets out a breath as he catches a look at Maze in her work uniform. He's seen her in a lot of things so far, but that is one of the best. That teeny tiny little dress. "Every time I see her, it's like the first time" He admits, more to himself and then cocks his head, smirking. "Especially from this angle" He adds and then moves closer to her as she approaches the bar. "Busy night?" Maze looks at him and shrugs.

"It's been pretty quiet actually" She answers as she sets her empty tray on the bar. "Why? Who did you piss off this time?" She teases with a smirk.

"Ah, just the guy that did this" He motions to his face, she turns to him. "He was at the bar earlier, made a comment about you....thought I'd...urm....check on your fine ass..." She snorts and nods. It is a very fine ass. "See anything weird?" He asks, she shrugs.

"Nah, nothing out of the ordinary" She pulls him closer to her. "Wanna dance?" He softens a little and ghosts his lips over hers.

"On the house?" He asks, she pouts a little and shakes her head.

"No freebies..." She answers and then smacks his ass before squeezing. "Ooh, working out, Baby?" He smirks at her from under his hood.

"You know it" He counters and tugs on her ponytail, she bites her lip and smirk. "When do you finish?" He asks her, she chuckles and glances at the clock on the wall.

"Four hours" She answers, he groans and palms himself a little. He's not going to be able to hold out for four hours.

"So...I'm just gonna stay, keep an eye out" He offers, looking around for any sign of Frances.

"Maybe you could let it happen" she offers, he frowns. Unsure why she would want to be targetted by a psycho. "You could be my superhero" She coos, he glances at her. "Come on, Wade, nothing they do can hurt me....but this way" She tugs him closer. "You'll get to kill your way to me" He growls a little, eyes darkening. "Think of the blood...the decapitation...." She gasps and clutches her chest. "The post-fight sex..."

"Done" He is quick to tell her and kisses her before he walks away, grabbing Weasel by the scruff to drag him out. Maze smirks and shakes her head.