Chapter Twenty-Three

Maze doesn't return to Hell straight away, she makes a pit stop at the Bunker, it feels like it's been a while since she was here, but it's mere weeks. She wrinkles her nose and pushes at a book on the library table. There are footsteps behind her and she turns just as Sam walks into the library.

"Maze?" Sam asks as he rubs at his eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Just popping in" She answers as she pushes herself onto the table. Sam raises an eyebrow, she shrugs back. "It's been a while"

"A week, if that" Sam reminds her. "We've not been back long"

"Guess it just felt like longer" she glances at him.

"What's going on Maze?" he asks her, aware that something must be going on for her to come all this way fo 'pop' in.

"I saw Wade" she answers, Sam lowers his hands and stares at her, she looks down a little and shrugs again.

"Did you talk?" Sam asks, she nods.

"Yep" She pops the p, Sam raises an eyebrow waiting for her to continue. But she doesn't.

"And?" he counters as he takes a seat next to where she is perched.

"I don't know" she admits. "It was weird..."

"It's been years, Maze" he reminds her. "A lot of years for you" she smirks a little, her eyes flashing black for a moment before returning to normal. "How'd he take it?"

"He freaked out a little, like a fucking baby" She answers looking at Sam. "You and Dean took it better"

"That's not a very high bar to set, Maze" he teases, she shrugs.

"You know what?" she asks him, he shakes his head. "I felt like the old me around him" She admits. Sam smirks and nods.

"It's not so bad to start feeling like that" Sam offers. "You and Wade were something...special" She wrinkles her nose and pulls a face at him.

"Feelings" she hisses at him before disappearing from the bunker, Sam throws up his arms and sighs. He knows she is fighting herself on this. Wade is a unique situation, demon or not, Maze cared, probably still does, for him, but she is a demon and believes she's not allowed to have human feelings.

...............

Maze strolls through the halls of hell towards the throne room all traces of her bad mood gone, Cat in her arms, she's reluctant to let him down, she's really attached to him already, her little death puppy. He's so adorable.

The doors ahead of her swing open and she strides with purpose into the room, Crowley is perched on his throne, surrounded by his demons, he glances at Maze and smirks seeing her.

"How's Wade?" he asks, she shrugs and smirks. "Still.."

"Fugly?" she counters. "Oh yeah, but I kinda dig it" she admits. "Plus means that humans aren't going to steal him from me" she adds, Crowley snorts a laugh and nods. She looks down at Cat and then nods before looking back at Crowley. "Alright let's get this shindig on the road" Maze teases as she approaches Crowley who smirks wider at her. "I got places to be and deals to make, gimme my fucking crown already!" Cat barks in agreement from her arms. Crowley nods and stands.

"Shall we?" he asks walking towards her, Maze turns and walks with him out of the room.

.............

Maze sits up straight in a chair, it's not the throne of Hell, but it is the next best thing, it is the Crossroads throne, formally sat in by Crowley himself, and before him, Lilith. She's among only a handful of people to ever get to this point. Crowley picks up a jagged and black crown from the table beside the throne and looks at her.

"Ready?" Crowley asks her, Maze smirks.

"Yeah..." she answers in a purr, she is so ready for this. Crowley holds the crown up above her head and takes a deep breath.

"Ascendunt consurge consurge consurge ducunt maiestate sua compita salve regina, Mazikeen" Crowley chants as he lowers the crown to her head before he sets it into place. The whole room fills with a blinding light. It retreats into Maze's eyes revealing that they are entirely white. Promotion complete. She is now an actual queen now. With a crown and everything. She practically vibrates with excitement. New powers. New status. She is almost giddy, for a demon.

"Is that it?" Maze asks and looks at Crowley. "Some flashy light show?" he nods and reaches for her crown. "Ah what are you doing?" she asks him as she stands to move away from him.

"Ritual is over" he answers with a smirk.

"Why can't I keep the crown?" she asks him. "No one else is going to be using it, so why can't I just keep it?"

"That's not how it works" Crowley teases as she backs away from him. "Give me the crown," He tells her, she pouts at him. "Mazikeen" he warns.

"But it's so fucking pretty" she whines as she takes the crown from her head. She looks down at the crown. "It's such a waste to hide it away"

"Thems the rules," Crowley tells her and then takes the crown from her, she pouts at it as he moves back to the safe on the wall. Maze sighs and picks up Cat as he barrels into her legs.

"So I just...answer summons? Make some deals? Shake some babies?" she asks, Crowley glances at her.

"Basically, yes" he answers, Maze shrugs and then disappears from Hell.

..................

Wade wakes to a heavy pressure on his chest, he frowns a little before he grabs Maze's throat and slams her down beside him, he becomes fully awake and stares down at her.

"Hey, baby" Maze teases from under him with a smirk, aware that his hold on her throat won't exactly do anything to her. "Miss me?" Wade tightens his hand around her throat and she smirks wider, he lunges forward and kisses her, her hands touch his shoulders before her arms wrap around his neck.