Chapter Thirty-Two

Wade lets out a breath as he stares up at the old and destroyed helicarrier ahead of them. He knows Maze is going to be okay but that doesn't stop him from worrying about her. And this place is a bad place for a fight. Too many unstable things. Too many sharp edges. Not so much an issue for Wade, but his new friends are soft and don't heal as well as he and Maze do.

"Is that a helicarrier?" Tony asks and Wade hums, then shrugs. Negasonic looks around before turning to Wade.

"Hey, where's your duffel bag?" She asks. Wade snaps his head around to her and then realises that he has left it in the taxi with Dopinder. He groans and pulls out his cell phone, dialling the taxi driver's number. He paces a little waiting for it to be picked up but instead, he gets a voicemail.

"Leave a message, and have a happy day!" Wade hangs up.

"God damn it!" He complains and slides the phone away. "I'm gonna do this the old-fashioned way. With two swords and maximum effort. Cue the music" The quartet begins walking dramatically towards the helicarrier. As they close in on the location, a whole bunch of guys appear from each corner of the scrap yard, heavily armed. Francis calls out from atop the platform, Angel at his side and Maze held in Francis' grasp.

"Wade Wilson!" He shouts to get Wade's attention. "What's my name?" Wade clenches his jaw behind his mark and glares up at Francis.

"Ooh, I'mma fucking spell it out for you" He growls. Francis turns to Angel.

"Go get some," He tells her. Wade smacks the arm of Tony's suit, getting excited.

"Superhero landing, she's gonna do a superhero landing, wait for it!" Angel does a superhero landing. "Woo! Superhero landing. You know, that's really hard on your knees. Totally impractical. They all do it" Tony rolls his eyes in his helmet. Wade turns to Angel. "You're a lovely lady, but I'm saving myself for Francis. That's why I brought him" He motions to Colossus who starts towards Angel.

"I'd prefer not to hit a woman, so please, pla..." Angel hits Colossus, sending him flying away from her.

"I mean..." Wade starts and turns to Negasonic. "That's why I brought her?" Negasonic is on her phone. "Oh, no, finish your tweet. Just give us a second. There you go, hashtag it. Go get her tiger" Negasonic runs forward in a firey ball, throwing Angel back. "Oh, I so pity the dude who pressures her into prom sex" Angel gets back to her feet, sending a glare to the group of heroes.

"Alright then. Fire!" The men with guns start shooting. Negasonic and Wade hide behind some cover. Tony takes off into the air and starts returning fire as Colossus gets back up and throws a giant tire, hitting some of the men.

"Finish fucking her the fuck up!" Wade shouts at Colossus.

"Language, please!" Colossus scolds. Wade rolls his eyes.

"Suck a cock, Steve Rogers" Wade counters and Tony snorts from inside his suit as he barrel rolls out of the way of some gunfire. Colossus and Angel start fighting. Wade suddenly reaches into the trouser section of his suit. Negasonic pulls a disgusted face.

"Look away, child. Look away!" Wade tells her and she rolls her eyes turning away from him. Wade rips off his underwear, and then holds it up as a flag of surrender. "Wait! Wait!" The men stop shooting. "Hey, you only work for that shit spackled muffin fart! So, I'mma give y'all a chance to lay down your firearms, in exchange for preferential, borderline gentle, possibly lover-like treatment" They start shooting again. "Fine! Commando" Wade runs out and fights a bunch of the guys with his swords. Around him, Angel and Colossus are fighting. Negasonic uses her power to crush a few guys. And Tony uses his repulsor blasts to take out a few bad guys. Wade is still killing guys when he suddenly stops just short of killing one. "Bob?" He asks.

"Wade?"

"Oh, my God, I haven't seen you since...."

"Jacksonville. TGI Friday's" Bob finishes. The two of them talk like old friends meeting on the street and not in the middle of a battlefield.

"TGI Friday's!" Wade agrees and tucks his swords away onto his back. "What the hell! Come here you" He head butts Bob, knocking him out. "How are the kids? Good? And Gale, is she still fixing that tuna casserole? So good. Bad for the waistline if you know what I mean" Wade drags Bob off to finish the little side project he's got going on. An art project all for Francis. He is arranging all the dead bodies, and Bob, to spell out the word 'Francis'. Francis still watches from the top of the helicarrier, he turns to Maze.

"Does he write you notes too?" Francis asks Maze who turns a glare at him. "He's such a romantic"

"Ciao, Dickward" She comments, then throws her head back. A deep red mist erupts from her mouth, her body slumping in Francis' hold before the mist starts flying around, knocking out armed men on the helicarrier.

"Yeah, get 'em!" Wade cheers. "That's my fucking girl!"

"Fire" Francis orders and his men shoot at the smoke, only it's smoke so it does nothing. Maze's smoke hits back at the shooters, sending them flying from the helicarrier. Wade runs out of range of the shots aimed at him.

"Hey!" Negasonic yells from where she is crouched under a flat piece of metal. "Climb on," She tells Wade. Wade nods and runs over. She uses her power to shoot him up onto the platform, he screams all the way up, but there is something so much fun about flying. He lands face down on the top of the helicarrier only to be lifted up by the red smoke and set on his feet.

"Thanks, sexy" He offers and then pulls his two swords from his back. "Wear that colour just for me?" He asks. "Gotta say it suits you something fierce" The smoke touches his cheek before it takes on a vaguely female form at his side and he nods. They can do this together. Like a badass couple.