Chapter Twenty One

The doors to the throne room in Hell open as Maze approaches them. Crowley is slouched in his throne, listening to some demon read a report about souls. He's bored. So fucking bored. Crowley hates these meetings, and now that Maze is back he has something to look forward to. His eyes track her as she walks towards the throne, that filthy, victorious, amused look in her eyes. He raises an eyebrow at her as he waves away the demon in front of him, that demon glances to Maze and then steps away, knowing that Crowley's attention will be on her now.

"My King" Maze coos and inclines her head.

"Well?" Crowley asks her, Maze smirks and reaches into her bag.

"Was it ever in doubt" she comments and then holds up the Tesseract for him to see, for them all to see. The blue light of it shines through the room. Crowley's eyes widen, he honestly didn't think she'd have it in her to take it. That the Winchester in her would have stopped her. But here she is. And here it is. He stands and steps closer to her, Maze watches him, awaiting his reaction as the other demons in the room start to whisper among themselves.

"Come with me" He states as he passes her, she frowns and shakes the Tesseract at him, he smirks and nods for her to follow him. "You can carry that thing, I'm not touching it" he comments and continues, Maze shrugs and sets the Tesseract back into her bag and follows him.

"Where are we going?" she asks skipping to his side, he smirks and threads his fingers with hers.

"Wait and see"

"Ooo" she teases. "Is this about my promotion?" she coos, he smirks and pulls her closer to him.

..............

Crowley leads Maze through his kennels, various hellhounds bark, and howl as they pass. Maze puckers her lips and makes kissy noises at the hounds, she loves them, and they love her. She often sneaks down to give them treats. Crowley knows she does it. It's part of why she is one of his favorite demons, not many demons are likes by the hounds, but she is. He trusts the hounds, and who they like he likes. He pushes open a door at the back and motions for her to enter, she raises an eyebrow as she does so, he closes the door behind them. Her eyes widen as she takes in the pen in the center of the room, and what sits in it.

"Okay, what the fuck is that thing?" she asks but there is no fear or disgust in her voice, there is nothing but joy and admiration. He knew she'd like it. "Why is so fucking adorable!?" she cheers kneeling next to the pen. Crowley snorts.

"That is one of only three...Death Hounds" she looks up at him in question. "And he is yours" her features shift slightly before she turns back to the hound. "I thought that a demon of your caliber deserves something better than a hellhound for your promotion"

"Keep talking" she coos with a smirk.

"Queen of the Crossroads" he adds, she smiles widely, victorious, she wanted a promotion, a good one, maybe the head of torture, maybe a bump up to Crossroad demon, but actual Queen of the Crossroads, that is more than she could have hoped for. "Since I took over as King, I'll admit to being pulled thin on duties...I always planned for it to be you" she turns to face him, sitting on her backside. "But I couldn't just give it to you, you had to prove yourself, and bringing Hell one of the Infinity Stones is...definitely something to be proud of" she nods in agreement.

"I assume that there is some..ritual?" she asks him. He nods. "Alright, what do I have to do?"

"Well for starters....you have to upgrade your peepers" he points out motioning to her eyes. "And then...I'll crown you" she smirks.

"Is there an actual crown or....?"

"Oh there's a crown, but...it's ritualistic" she pouts a little. "If you want to wear one whilst you're dealing, that's up to you"