𝑻𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆

,,Kiss me again like that." -A

-

Mattheo's POV

,,And how will Salazar's diaries help you figure it out?" She is smart, there's no question in that.

She shifts awkward in her seat, nagging at her lower lip. If it would've been someone else, they would think she's uncomfortable , confused even.

But after seeing that expression on her face every time she was debating if she should spill her thoughts out or not, it wasn't hard enough to recognize it from a mile away.

Not that I've been paying attention.

,,Well, I was in the library finishing up my Transfiguration essay when I saw Granger snuggled up in a corner with her curls burried in a book. It doesn't take a genius to see that it was Hogwarts : A history ."

I slowly stood up, taking casual steps towards her.  If she was affected by my movements,  she didn't show it.

,,So that's when I figured out that maybe there could be some  kind of information that would help me figure out more about..", she coughed awkwardly ,,My magic."

I should give her credit for having a brain. But it's better to know how much she really knew already. 

,,I didn't really think that it would help me , really. But I skimmed the book anyway  and for some reason I had this strong feeling that if  dark magic is involved there wouldn't be anyone else who knows more about it than Salazar Slytherin himself." She elaborated.

Tough luck, she was faster at finding a lead than I was.

,,So you're saying,  the information you need about your magic is in Salazar's diaries?" It was a rhetorical question. 

,,No what I'm saying is that it might explain why the potion doesn't work."

,,Well isn't this your lucky day."

Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion and her lips parted slightly.
This was easier than I thought. I pulled a ring out of my back pocket, transfigurating it back to the old diary.

A spark of recognition brightened her features and she was standing in seconds, closing the space between us.

,,How did  you get it?" She spoke in awe. Merlin she looked happy . And I was the one to bring that smile on her face.

,,I have my ways." I reply smugly.

I would've hexed her senseless if it wasn't for my moment of shock when she threw her petite arms around my torso,  squeezing the fucking life out of me.

Her warmth engulfed me for a short moment before I was pushing her away, an angry expression visible. 

Her features changed from excited and grateful to guilty and  regret. 

,,Sorry I didn't mean to do that. I'm just happy about the diary." She pointed out defensively.

I told myself that if it wasn't for my so called good mood, I would've reacted completely differently.  Or so I believe.

The silence was unbearable, fucking disturbing.  Our eyes remained locked. It felt like if one broke the trance we were in, hexes would  with no doubt be fired.

Instead she took a step forward again and stretched her hand out , very carefully. Good, she should be fucking careful around me because the moment she is useless to my father, I will kill her. Slowly and painfully.

,,Have you read it?" She asked while she reluctantly took it from my hand.

,,Of course I did. I already knew that your problem had something to do with Salazar himself." I lie.