𝑫𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒉

,,Trusting you is my decision.  Proving me right is your choice."- A

-

He held me tight in his arms til the sun has left the sky and the moon has come to replace its friend.

When I finally pulled myself together, his hands detached from my broken body and  he leaned backwards. Trying to get as much space between us as one can get from sitting next to one another. My hands went to whipe under my eyes, dry tears remained on my cheeks. Staring up at him, his expression was so absent yet hostile. Like he was debating if he made the right choice being here.

My fingers twitched, stretching towards him to feel him again but instead curled them into tight fists before I could make that mistake.

,,You came back." I whispered, my throat felt raw.

And the three words is all that it takes for him to become his normal arrogant self again.. the one I needed.

,,Of course I came back, why wouldn't I?" He replies stating the obvious. 

The smallest of smiles appeared on my face, something only he could manage lately.

,,Where were you?"

,,And why do you think I would tell you?" He raised a brow, tempting .

,, I would tell you where I headed in my opinion." I tried playing it casual. ,,It only seems fair if you do so too."

His jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed before sighting in defeat.

,,I was on a mission, my father send a group of  death eaters to deal with the  french authorities and since none of them made any progress in the last weeks. I had to deal with everything because we need them on our side ."

Their side. The bad one.  His sentence was enough to bring me back to reality. When war comes , he will be on the wrong side and I will fight for the good side. We'll be like enemies again and the smallest of understanding that we ever shared would be gone, crashed like waves.

My eyes widened from his casualty, how honest he was like we were formal friends talking about a game of chess. And from the look on his face , he thought so too.

,,I've practiced with my magic. I hadn't had time to try out the ritual but I memorized it and I think I'm prepared to do it."

,,That's good, have you done any more research? While being away I came up with some extravagante ideas for your training."

His tone was low and heavy, an involuntary shiver ran up my spine. A weird tingle was stretching down my core.  Mentally slapping myself for getting distracted so easily, I recalled the last three days. 

No, I haven't had any time to do any research since I've had people breathe down my neck and make me want to  kill them for the matter.  However I was about to deny when he started talking again. My cheeks flushing at his comment.

,,So I've been gone for a couple of days and you already made it your priority to not only reveal how advanced your magic is but also include me in your little fight with my- brother in the middle of the Great Hall." One of his hands  twitched at the mention of his brother.

,,I have to admit. Under different circumstances I would be momentarily amused by the sudden  defensiveness but since you're probably the talk of the school now , I have to leave that for later." He finished with a disappointed glare.

His words made something in my chest twitch. I didn't want him to be disappointed in me.

,,I didn't mean to. Your- Everyone has been breathing down my neck and just angering me to the point where your brother just snapped the last string I had from cursing someone.." I reply voice full off regret. ,,And when he was practically stepping on you with his disgusting words and accuse me of-" his low chuckle cut me off. The tingling I felt earlier came back.