𝑬𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆 || part 1

two years later

The cold december breeze rose goosebumps up my skin.  Somehow it was one of the only things I could feel. The cold.

I let my fingers graze the grey tombstone. Not long ago I started believing that the end of the Nott's is set in stone.

The day I woke up two years ago was the day I died. Maybe not my body but the part that kept me alive did. 

The boy we put our trust in finally proved us right. Ended the war and saved us from the darkness. But how can you be saved from the darkness when you're living proof of it ?

There wizarding world was crushed.  Everyone still silently suffered and mourned. But despite it all, I was just glad I had more time with the person I love.

Yet life wasn't going to let me down easy. It was never meant for me to be happy. I was set to fail .

My brother's death was in fact the proof I needed.

The mediwizards  had filled the room by the time I got there. Nobody could come back in for days. It seemed that the venom has spread so deeply  it  surrounded the veins around his heart.

A slow death was something Theodore Nott did not deserve. But the screaming and yelling I got from Enzo was in fact deserved.

It was the first time we've seen each other in over a year and here I was, standing in front of the room my brother layed in because of me. Always because of me.

He blamed me with everything he had– but so did I. So have I been doing for two consecutive years now.

The love I had for my brother was so strong and it never died out. Not when I left St Mungos crying,  not when I realized that the mourning I was doing kept pushing me away from the people that still cared about me.

From the boy that still loved me.

I tried smiling for him– laughing for him. But it wasn't right anymore. A person once told me that if you have to fake emotions around people then it was never the right people you surrounded yourself with.

Months after months we fought– yelled at and left for each other. I would've thought that maybe me coming back to save the wizarding world could also save us.

But maybe the love we had was only meant to last in the Hogwarts Halls. The Astronomy Tower. The Slyhterin Dorm.

Maybe that's the reason when he was captured and sent away for his crimes I couldn't even step foot in there and visit him.

Somehow through all of this not once did I blame anyone but myself.  I knew I was the reason the person that believed in me most died. I was the reason I distanced myself from everyone and I definitely know I was the reason the connection between me and him died.

He fought for us but you can't have something that was one sided. I loved Mattheo Riddle with all my heart.

But in the end I realised no matter how much history we shared, there was never going to be a future.

Nevertheless the future was never set in stone , and maybe one day,  when I could forgive myself and fix the  pieces that mingled behind , we would have our future .

----

Stay tuned for the final part !