𝑺𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎

,,Warm embraces never felt so cold." - A

Mattheo's POV

Draco Malfoy is dead.

He died by the hands of his own flesh and blood.

When Dolohov entered the room I hit him with a spell as fast as I could but I would've never thought that when I turn back, I'd see Bellatrix Lestrange, Malfoy's own aunt, hit him with the killing curse. 

There was no way out of this. I couldn't do anything as I watched his body hit the cold marble floor with a loud thud. A silence spread through the room before it was broken by a dreadful gasp. My eyes snapped up as I met hers. 

Bellatrix just stared; watched the dead body of his own nephew. It was like her brain hasn't quite yet realized what she has done just moments ago. She looked like a statue, the only movement her unsteady breaths and the shaky grip around her wand.

I had to act fast, no way I would let this get inbetween my plans. I gripped my wand tight and pointed it at Bellatrix, but before I could do anything , she was already on the ground. I furrowed my brows and watched her body until small dark smoky shadows seeped out of her body and crawled back to their owner.

Our eyes met again and now there was no one to interrupt us. No one to stop me from taking her away from here and leaving as far as possible. At least I could do one good thing in my life.

Everything in my body told me to move towards her, grab her hand and get the hell out before it's too late. Yet the way she looked at me- stared at me so numb and impassive- it made my brain react before my body could. 

And so we stood there- staring.  Like in the end we both realized no matter how much we tried, there was never going to be a future. 

Not with each other.

Her eyes told more than her own words could, and I watched as she moved forward with each step.  Watched as her features stayed the same. Unbothered. Cold-blooded.

There was no getting her out- she didn't want an out. But I wouldn't give up, not yet.

,,We have to go." I demanded , breaking the tension that surrounded us. She stopped in front of me, tilting her head up to gaze into my eyes. There was so much her eyes told that she couldn't. So much anger, so much pain. 

We were made for each other. Even if I was the one to push her towards my own faith. Dragged her into my own darkness and let her be taken from me by her own. Even then, we were still made for one another.

,,I'm not coming."  She whispered in that soft tone of hers. There was no doubt in her words, no spark of regret. 

,,What are you talking about? I'm getting you out of here."

,,I don't want to leave. I made my choice Mattheo." She responded moving her hand to my left cheek.

,,What the hell do you mean you made your choice?" I raised my voice and grabbed her hand, pushing her away from me. ,,You want to stay here and be used? Die for nothing?"

,,I'm not dying for nothing Mattheo- I'm not dying at all. Voldemort made a promise." I couldn't believe her words as she raised her voice at me, all the softness gone.

,,You believe him? You fucking believe him? Are you brainwashed or something!?" I yelled in frustration. There was no time to chat I had to get her out of here. She can't stay here. Her eyes narrowed and her fists clenched.

,,Yes I believe him. He wants me- needs me to win this war. And I will , I'm going to show everyone  what I'm capable  of and you can't stop me."