Chapter 4

Skid had a newfound hope as he pulled 'Pump' off of Roy's arm and started dragging him away. He had a big smile on his face as he ran down the sidewalk and to his house. Almost slamming the door, he stopped his sprinting when he stood in the house. He also realized how out of breath he was, too.

"Wͅh̶a͎̓͟t̡ ̙̆͠th̫é̖ ͙͠h̻e̷̗c͔̍͝k̠?̱̂!͞" 'Pump' asked, slightly dizzy from being dragged that distance. Skid turned to face 'Pump' and realized the non-corrupted eye had tears in it.

"Don't worry Pump, I'll save you from the scary goop!" Skid said proudly. He then realized he didn't know how to get rid of the corruption. He decided to think through what happened previously and hopefully figure out what exactly happened that helped. What had happened for the corruption to fade? What had Roy done that triggered this?

Skid didn't know the answers to any of those questions, but there was one thing he had been wanting to do.

"Pump! We haven't done the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 month dance in a while!" Skid exclaimed before proceeding to do the dance. 'Pump' only stared at Skid, a small amount of corruption dripping onto the floor. 'Pump' held a hand against his uncorrupted eye, confused.

"...Skid?" Pump said, not sure of what was even happening.

"Pump!" Skid exclaimed, ceasing the dancing he was previously doing.

"I don't l̵i̷k̸e̷ ̴t̶h̴i̴s̵.̸.̷.̴" Pump mumbled before the insane smile returned to his face. Skid looked disappointed, but it was replaced with a determined expression. The corruption removal was gonna be a long process because Skid had no idea what he was doing, but he felt like it would be worth it in the end.

Skid also had no idea what to do to remove the corruption. Everything since 'Pump' showed up hadn't been like their usual routine. All until.. Roy showed up. And also when Skid started spooky dancing. That's when an idea hit Skid like a truck. 'Pump' had previously said that there was no need to remember who he was. Maybe that's it!

"Aye, Pump! Let's go for the substance that can potentially destroy the calcium of the food inserter!" Skid said with a blank on his face. 'Pump' stared, confused at what half of thise words Skid said meant.

Skid suddenly smiled, drawing the attention of 'Pump'. Skid once again grabbed 'Pump's' arm and ran outside. 'Pump' once again looked confused, but Skid was on a mission. He dragged the corrupted boy all the way to the candy store. He saw his familiar acquaintance through the glass. Skid casually pushed the door open, and Pump tried to wiggle out of Skid's grip. Key word: tried

"Hi Kevin!" Skid called out while walking in, still dragging 'Pump'.

"Oh hey you ...two...." Kevin said before his eyes landed on 'Pump'. Kevin started shaking slightly at 'Pump's' new appearance.

"Two candy ca-" Skid was cut off by Kevin's frightened voice.

"TAKE IT! TAKE THEM!" Kevin almost yelled while pushing two bags towards the kids. Skid took the two bags.

"Thanks Kevin!" Skid said as he handed a bag to 'Pump' and walked out. Kevin was too busy shaking to come up with a reply. He also stared at some of the corruption on the floor, which somehow faded out of existence. This caused Kevin to panic even more.

Skid had a smile on his face as he ran down the sidewalk. He was excited that he finally knew how to get his best friend back!! He ran all the way back to the place on the hill where they met Eyes. Skid kicked the door open and continued dragging 'Pump' everywhere. Surprisingly, he stopped resisting being drug around and just kept the pace with Skid.

Skid stood over and dropped the bag of candy into the large hole in the middle of the floor.

"You remember Eyes?" Skid asked, running back over to 'Pump'. 'Pump' went to shake his head no, but nodded after more of the corruption started dripping off. About ¼ of Pump's face and a small amount on his left shoulder was now uncorrupted. 'Pump' didn't look very happy though.

"Í̱f̘͜ ̲y͘o͇u̵͒ ̢th͇̍͡i̕nͬk͏ ̛͛y͇õǔ͏'̹́ȑ͕͠e̹͟ ̔go̲nͭn̥͏a̒͞ ̪ͮ͘f͑r̜ͨe̷̗e̟ ̞̈́hi̢̔m̙̽ ̠f̭̊͟r͖om̮ ţ́ͅh̐i͇s͜,̀ ̑yͤoũ'r̠̓e ̴̟̉w̷r̳͌o͗n̡ģ̺ͪ!̢" 'Pump' yelled. Skid shrugged.

"Well I don't think so. I know so!" Skid said with a bright smile. He grabbed 'Pump's' wrist again and began dragging him again.

Dang Skid really is dragging 'Pump' around a lot-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

720 words