Chapter 9

Introducing..... Pie Man!
~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well?  That went anything but well." Lila said, giving her son a look.

"Yeah...but we got some corruption off!" Skid said, pointing to the now non-corrupted area on the girl and the boyfriend.  A decent amount came off, and faded away on the floor.

“Oh! Yay!” Pump cheered, rubbing the back of his head.

“Well we finished the song.  Now what?” The mom asked, but it sounded more like a demand.

“What about that game they both played?” The father suggested.  The mother looked offended at it.

“The game they got sucked into?!  I’m not going to put them through that or the other two kids here!  Especially when one’s mother is present!” The mom yelled in response.  They got into a small argument as Pump and Skid looked between each other.

“Actually,” Pump began, walking up to the fighting adults, “I think we should!  What’s the worst that could happen?”

“Yeah!  Plus it’s a memory for them too!” Skid added, holding the heels in his hand as he ran up beside Pump.

“Fine!  Fine!  Whatever!” The mom expressed before walking out of the attic.  Pump and Skid shrugged before the father led them and dragged the corrupted duo to a game console.

“So… what happens now?” Lila asked, setting down the corrupted boyfriend.  The father didn't reply and instead turned on the console and put in a game titled “Hating Simulator”.

“How would we get them into the game if there’s only two controllers?” Skid asked.

“Try holding their arm or something.  I don’t know” The father said, the game showing up on the tv screen.  The 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 children did that, and Skid selected New Game.  A second later, buzzin was heard and the four people were suddenly sitting outside of a pixelated school.

“Ah, a new fa-” “Woah we’re all pixley!” A new voice was cut off by Pump’s excitement.  They were indeed pixelated now.

“Who’s that?” Skid asked, pointing to the new male with orange hair and a tie.

“How could you not know who Senpai is?!” A random girl called out.

“Send-Pie?  Is he a Pie man?” Skid asked before getting really excited.  “Pump!  It’s Pie man!”

“Pie man?!” Pump asked, his own excitement radiating in his eyes.

“What? Where did you get that name from?!” Senpai asked, slightly offended.

“Pump!” Skid called out, ignoring ‘Pie man’s’ question, “Look!”  Skid pointed to the corrupted duo as a small amount was dripping onto the pixelated path.

“S̢t҉o̴p̕ ͡i̷t…!” The girl said, holding a hand over her uncorrupted eye.  “T̸h͢i̡s̀ ͏i͘s̡n̕'̵t̨ ̧g̨o͜i̴n͏g͏ ͠t͏ơ ̨w͜o͝r̴k̡,͠ ̛s͝o͢ ̧j̷ús҉t͘ ҉s̛t͞óp͢.̛.̧.́!͝”

“Well I think it’s going pretty well.” Skid said, a smile plastered on his face.

“Pie man!” Pump said, running up to the orange haired lad, “How do we get out of here?” 

"I'm not- know what? Never mind." Senpai said, giving up.  “To get out of here, you must prove yourself!”

“What do we need to prove?” Pump asked.

“You’re singing, of course!” Senpai said, tossing a microphone over.  The children didn’t realize that speakers were there and a crowd had formed.  They all looked similar to each other.

“Do they really get challenged to singing battles this much…?” Pump asked Skid, walking over to his place in front of Senpai.

Skid shrugged and sat next to the speakers, as he was too short to even get onto the top speaker.  He watched as Pump did his best to roleplay as the boyfriend and sing against the tall boy.  Skid shook his head along with the music as he almost forgot about the corrupted two laying on the ground.  They looked frustrated at the people forming a circle around them because they made it impossible to run away.

Shaking his head, he started paying more attention to the music being played.  It sounded like something in a dating simulator.  It shouldn’t have surprised him as much as it should have, since they were indeed in a dating game.

“Senpai’s going to win!” One of the girls in the crowd cheered.

“Actually… I think Pump’s going to win!  He seems to be winning too!” Skid pointed out.  It was true.  Pump was somehow winning, even though he keeps messing up.  Senpai had a semi-panicked look in his eyes.

“No way!  Senpai’s going to win!” The same girl yelled.

“It doesn’t matter who wins.” Skid said.  He hummed along to the beat of the song Pump and Pie-man were currently rapping with.  Soon enough, the song ended and Pump somehow won.  Neither of the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 children knew what classified as a side winning, but they could tell from the Pie-man’s expression.

“Can we leave now?” Pump asked.  Skid ran over and grabbed the two corrupted people before they could get away.

“How did y-you…” Senpai mumbled, a shocked expression on his face.

“Senpai!  How did you loose to those kids?!” A random girl shouted.

“Psh.  I didn’t loose, I let them win” Senpai responded, faking some confidence and snarkiness.

“Aw Senpai, you’re so kind!!!!!” A few of the girls yelled and broke out in squealing.

“I don’t like it here… these people are strange.” Pump mumbled.  Skid nodded.

“Pie man!  Can we leave now?!” Skid asked.  Almost a second later, the four of them appeared back where they were before the game.

“How did it go, boys?” Lila asked, peeking her head into the room after hearing a thud.

“We got some more corruption off!” Pump called out, showing the uncorrupted portion of the girl’s head.  Her right eye was uncorrupted, as well as a decent amount from around her eye and cheek.  Long story short, progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~
955 words.