Chapter 19

So uh.... I've had a busy past couple weeks or so. Thankfully school is over and stuff

Also writer's block sucks. I've had it for like... A month... ;-;

~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't know if he'll let us help him remember him.." Pump mumbled, clutching Lila's shirt tightly like she'd be gone if he let her go.

"Stop flailing, you piece of crap!" Pico yelled, shaking the child he was holding in the air. 'Skid' was dizzy for a small moment before he yelled to be put down again. 'Skid' tried scratching Pico's hand so he would drop the child, but 'Skid' couldn't quite bend his arms in that position.

"I͢ ̕w͠o̢n҉'̧t̶ ̡l͜ęt́ ͢y͝o͟u̕ ̧s̢a̢v̧e͞ ͘h͠i̡m͡!͜ ̡ ͠N͝o͠w̵ ͠p̡ưt̵ ̷m̷e̵ ͘ḑo͏w̕n̛!̸"

"So... How exactly will we save him?" Girlfriend asked, completely ignoring 'Skid's' angry outbursts with the question on everyone's mind.

"What about confronting the lemon man..?" Pump asked quietly.

"Uhm... That's not very ideal.. are there any other options we could use before that?" Girlfriend asked, trying to smile.

"Well we can do all the things he did to save me..." Pump suggested, wiping the tears from his eyes, mask, and cheeks. A hopeful expression was written across his face.

"Yeah yeah whatever let's just get going before this kid bites me!" Pico called out, clearly not happy at all. At least he had his gun back, though. Lila glared at him from his cursing in front of the kids, but did not say much.

"Where to first?" Lila asked, putting Pump down.

"Candy store!!" Pump called out, throwing his hands into the air. Lila laughed at Pump's actions and agreed.

"Alright then," Lila said, "Lead the way if you want, Pump." Pump nodded and ran ahead, everyone eventually following. Pump eventually slowed down to a quick walking pace. Kevin looked.... less than thrilled to see everyone who arrived. He looked terrified and slightly relieved while glancing between the corrupted child and Pump.

"....What c-can I get you all?" Kevin asked, keeping his gaze more on Pump than anyone else. Kevin was noticeably shaking, too.

"We're bringing Skid back to all the locations we've been before so he remembers!" Pump exclaimed, putting his hands on the glass display in front of the counter.

"Yeah... Okay..." Kevin mumbled, "So uh.... your usual?". Pump nodded, and Kevin reached behind the counter and grabbed two bags, not looking away from the group of people for one second.

"How much do I owe?" Lila asked, pulling out a wallet. Kevin quickly waved it off.

"No, don't worry just... don't bring any more uh... W-whatever happened to him... no more please..." Kevin said, panic setting in his voice. Lila looked unsure, but eventually put her wallet away. She then turned to Pico, who was already taking some sour candy.

"Want me to take him?" She asked. gesturing to 'Skid'. He had stopped flailing around because he probably tired himself out.

"Oh my god PLEASE!" Pico exclaimed, basically shoving 'Skid' over to Lila before proceeding to take more sour candy. Lila looked surprised before she managed to hold her corrupted son in a way where his arms were almost pinned to his sides. Girlfriend stared at Pico, expecting something that never came.

"I thought you would've left by now..?" Girlfriend mumbled, "Why are you still here?" Pico looked offended at that.

"Am I not allowed to tag along?!" He asked, looking more mad than confused.

"Of course you are. I just figured you wouldn't wanna..." She trailed off. Pico huffed and glanced at the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 people.

"Something's up with those two kids.... I can feel it. I want to know what it is." He said, crossing his arms.

"They just seem like normal kids who love Halloween to me." Girlfriend said, taking the lollipop Boyfriend was giving her. It was cherry flavored. Pico didn't respond, and instead chose to look around at some of the other sugary things in the store. She clapped her hands together to gather everyone's attention. "Where to next?"

"N̸ow͟h̢e̷r̕e͠!̡"

"Uh.... Oh! The nice man's van is here!!" Pump called out, running out of the candy store. To Kevin's relief, everyone else left after that and now he was alone in the store. He ran up to the familiar white van that was parked on the side of the street. There were also sounds of a Pelo screaming, but that was just normal in this neighborhood.

"What's that?" Girlfriend asked, pointing to a group of demons on bicycles. The bikes had training wheels on them. The bikes were also noticeably small for the demons to be fitting on them.

"Come on, gang! Let's go watch the Ooga Booga! I'm paying!" One of the demons said. The others all cheered and they began riding away on their bikes. It wasn't a speedy ride, but they were moving.

"....... Okay what the funk." Pico said, being the only person to speak up from the silence.

"Ehh... That's not really weird around here." Lila said with a small laugh.

"Plus both of my parents are demons!" Girlfriend chimed in. Boyfriend shuttered at that image and reminder of her parents. Pump pulled on Lila's shirt to get her attention.

"Can I bring Skid over there?" Pump asked, pointing to the white van. Lila looked between Pump and the van with uncertainty.

"Are you sure..? He may not be thrashing around now but you might not be able to hold him there..."

"I'm sure!" Pump chirped. Lila stared at Pump for a moment before sighing. She carefully put 'Skid' down and Pump quickly grabbed 'Skid's' arm before he could do anything. Pump started walking, but looked back after a few seconds at how effortless this was. He then noticed that Skid's uncorrupted eye was currently crying.

"... Don't worry Skid... We'll get you back! I promise!" Pump said, but he wasn't 100% sure if that was a promise he would be able to keep.

~~~~~~~~~

Lol shoud I make a Discord server? I really do enjoy talking to y'all but the notifications in my inbox just die when I do-

Also...

~~~~~~~~~
971 words