Chapter 18

WOW EARLY CHAPTER!! I got a bit carried away when writing this part.  Anyways, I just wanna say that Ley_Wolves managed to correctly guess what happens here.  It was kinda scary how accurate they were uh...

I've been planning this part for at least 5 weeks-

TW: Swearing because it's Pico
~~~~~~~~~

Pico seemed to be the only person who heard and looked towards where the third came from.

"The hell's wrong with him?" He said, pointing in front of him.

"Huh? What do you..-" Pump started, but froze at what he saw.  "Skid?! Hey, what's wrong?!" He asked, running over to his best friend's side.  Skid was sitting on the ground leaning forward on his right hand as he held his left hand over his left eye.

"I-it hurts…" He mumbled, his entire body shaking.  Pump moved to sit in front of Skid and carefully removed Skid's hand from his eye.  Pump gasped and almost fell backwards.

"What's happening?!" Nene asked in a not-so-quiet voice.

"Call his mom!" Pump told Girlfriend, who nodded and immediately grabbed her cellphone.  Everyone else ran to Skid's side as Boyfriend and Pico held confused and concerned expressions.

"Skid.. please you have to fight it..!" Pump begged.  Skid only realized what was fully happening to him when he looked at the ground and saw… corruption dripping from his eye.  It finally clicked about why he was in such an unbearable pain.  He looked at his hand, and realized it was spreading there too.  This caused Skid who panic even more than before.

"Kid, calm down or else you'll make it worse!" Pico hissed, kneeling down to get closer to eye level with the corrupting child.

"I don't like this…!" Skid sobbed, his whole body shaking even more.  Corruption was dripping down his face and onto the ground, only fizzling into nothing and going back to where it previously was on the skeleton child.

"His mom's on the way…" Girlfriend said with a shaky voice.  She bent down and held Skid in a side-hug, Skid only crying in response.  The corruption was spreading, and it was spreading noticeably quickly.  Skid ended up passing out as the final bits of what he used to be were covered by the horrible substance.  Boyfriend held Pump in an embrace as the 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 child cried his eyes out.  He knew Skid felt horrible when he watched Pump corrupt, but he never realized how torturous this was.  Girlfriend set the unconscious and corrupted child on the ground before walking over to help comfort Pump.

"Don't worry… We'll… We'll get him back!" Girlfriend said with a smile.  Her voice was still really shaken but she tried her best.

"But how did he corrupt?!" Pump yelled before choking on a sob and turning back to Boyfriend.  Boyfriend could only rub the child's back as he doesn't exactly know what to do or say.  He and Girlfriend were corrupted at around the same time, so he never experienced what Pump had just witnessed.

"I'm out-'' Darnell called out, quickly leaving with Nene trailing right behind him.  No one could blame them for leaving, though.  Corruption wasn't ideal to deal with.

"Okay SOMEONE please explain to me what the funk just happened?!" Pico yelled, pointing at the barely conscious and corrupted person laying on the floor.

"No."

"Wh- Why not?!"

" 'Cuz we don't really know either…" Girlfriend mumbled, glancing at her phone screen for any signs of Lila arriving.  She sighed when there were none.

"Well that's just great!" Pico yelled, angrily throwing his arms up in the air like a child would do.

"Ō̺h̭̀ ̡ȟoͮw̷ ̗gr̗̉ę̩a̵͕ͭt͚̓.̲̀" 'Skid' mumbled, sitting up and rubbing his eye.  All the attention immediately went to him and his new appearance.  The all-too-familiar substance was covering his body, and his face had a crooked smile and X's over his eyes.

"S-Skid…" Pump mumbled, his eyes locked on his corrupted best friend.  'Skid' held his hands over his ears and avoided looking at Pump in general.

"Ń͓Oͬ̕!̷̣" 'Skid' yelled randomly, "Y̭͂O͙Ųͪ ͖W͒ÌL̡̻̒Ļ͎ͪ ̮ͭN͔OT͌͝ ͙R͕Ẻ̹͟M̝͏IŃ̗D ̰ͯ́H̚I̊͢M̼!̑!"

"Wha-?" Girlfriend was shocked. "You know?"

"Ḭ'̧ͅm͊ ̅ņ̤ͥo̮ͯt̯̑͠ ̡st̹͏u̐p̝͊iͅd̺ͭ,̉͢ ̳̀T̅hͯe̸ G͑ir̍́l͏f̱ř̭i̻̋e͏n̢͐d͋́!̊" He began, "I̺'̼͟v̘e̿ ̣̾͟g̃òn̙͑e̎ ̵̜̓thr͘o̪u̹g͟h̫ ̶̈́it̔͢ ̜̽bḙ̛f̟o̷̓ͅr͉͢e̼!͑"

"You were never corrupted before!" Pump called out, earning an annoyed noise from 'Skid'.

"4 ̢̺͆t͚̀i̥̅mͤ͜e̢s t̷͋ǫ ͢b̳ͦe̡ ė̪x̋͏ac͍ͥţͤ.̮̕"

"F-Four?!"

"Whe̙r̮͒e̢̹̽ ď͇ó̳ ̱́̀ŷ͘ǫ͉ȕ͙͏ ̆͠t͈͂h͝in̮k̶ͥ ̛̳t̬hi̩ͮs͟ ̴͚a̵̲͛ḻ͐l̶ ̸̊c̶̼a̒͘m̗e͉ ̰͂͢f̂̕ṛo̝͛ṁ͞?͖͘ ̜̈́͘ H̵̚i̟͡s̼̽͟ ̵̝k̷͚i͉͋ň̝͞d͜n͚̈͞esͭs̖ ̽͜l͠ed̈́ t͛o͗̀ ͑h̘̀iͩs ͟c̜͝or̳͑͢r̥u̻̓p̤t͢i͚o͘n̨.̴̟" 'Skid said with a shrug.  "I̭tͨ ͮwe͡n̗ͥẗ̡̤́ rͨi͓͊g͒h̥t͆ ̛͈ͨfrom̡̼ͦ ̛y͝öu̴͖ ̲ͣ͡t̵̘o̫̽ h̋i̝m̂.̾"

"So that's why…." Pump whispered, a new wave of tears forming in the corners of his eyes.  He looked around slightly dazed until he noticed Lila running up to the scene.  She froze when she saw exactly what was happening.  Pump wiggled free from Boyfriend's hold and ran over to Lila, grabbing onto and hugging her leg.

"Wh.. What happened to him?!?!" Lila cried out, picking Pump up and speed-walking over.

"He said something like the corruption from all of us added up, and it corrupted him!" Girlfriend exclaimed, the panic and gravity of the situation finally setting in.

"H-he said he felt bad b-but I didn't know this would happen!!" Pump said, sobbing into Lila's shirt.  Lila ignored her own tears and worked on comforting and calming Pump down.

She looked over to where 'Skid' was, noticing a strange movement.  He held his hands over his ears again, but this time he was mumbling something unintelligible from Lila's distance.  She walked closer. causing 'Skid's' voice to keep getting louder.

"go̡̎ ̸̈ḁ͞wͥa̰y̺.͕̓.̭͜!" He said, lowering his head and repeating the same two words over and over. "g̛oͅ ̙͟ȃ͡ẁay͖ ̪ͣ̀g̴̝o͚͘ ̢aw̵a̱͛ỳ̘҉ ̀ǧ̘o̯̎͏ ̣́a͖͊w̔a̛͖y̨͙̓ ̧̥ĝ̷͉o̡ͬ ̶ͦa̸̠ͬwa̧̒y̳ͭ͘!"

Lila tried reaching out towards her son as he stood up, but her hand was slapped away.  'Skid' screamed something and tried to run off, but Pico grabbed the back of his outfit and held his flailing body in the air.

"Where do you think you're going, ya little shit?" Pico said with a sly smile.

"P͒UT̶̬ ͉M̟É̪ ͕͜DÓ̥W̄͟N!ͨ́" 'Skid' yelled, a small amount of corruption dripping off of his face from his right eye from when he looked towards Lila.

"So you could run off again? Fat chance." Pico asked, earning a disappointed groan from the corrupted child.

"So uh… How are we gonna save him?  We don't Really know many of his memories so…" Girlfriend trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

"Y̙̆o̰̕u̺ ̃ẇo̦͢n͎͘'ͪ͞ṯ͜ sa̦̿v̫̍ẹ ̦h͟iṃ̋!͎̔̕" 'Skid' yelled, flailing his arms around.

"This is gonna be harder than I thought…" Girlfriend mumbled, holding her hands over her face.

~~~~~~~~~~
1098 words.

Fun fact: I have never sworn verbally in my life