Chapter 20

Discord server link: https://discord.gg/r9ps5paUBp
Tell me if it fails or nah. Anyways I discovered a sliver of inspiration and motivation in the vast desert of writer's block :D

(Updated)
~~~~~~~~~~~

'Skid' looked at Pump with a mixed expression between hatred and fear. He was also scratching the side of his head with his free hand. It was a battle and the hatred took over in a matter of seconds. 'Skid' immediately began trying to break free from Pump's grasp as if he were being hauled off to prison. Now that he thought about it, prison would be better than being surrounded by constant reminders and memories.

"S͙t̥͂̕ö̷́pͦ ̶̲̀ẗ̜́hiͦs͝!̞̔͞ ͢ ͝St͛ͅo̘͊p̛ ͂r̀u̡͙ͯinͫ͡i̜̓́n̻͞g̠͡ ou̵r̷ ̢̭p̧̩̆l̠aͣn̶s̨͇ ͖̆a̋n̉̕d͓ ̀l͔͏e͓ͤt̺̓ ͌͢u̯s͚̐́ ͚͢r̊u͉ͯi̽n̄ ͕t̡͌h̕e̤͝ ̈o̒ͅ҉ń̬eͪ w̳e̥̊ ̴̗h̿a̽͜t̸e!͏!̸!" 'Skid' yelled, failing to break free from Pump's hold. Pump looked confused and stunned, as did a few of the adults standing a bit farther away.

"What? 'Ruin the one you hate'...?" Pump echoed, still processing what was said. 'Skid' looked less than thrilled at having to explain everything.

" Ẃe͛͢ ̅͞H͂A̋T̹E͚ ȟi͔̇m͉͘!͞ ̻̑ ̙ͮ͜H̎e̜͗ r͠u̱ͬi̡n͈͆́e̷̝d̜́ ̷̓e̍́v̀͞e̐r͙͗y̕th͢i̙n̰ͣg!̥́!̷͎ ̴͎ ̯̚͠S̉o͖ ͨw͔͟e͇ͤ'̦͟r̨̜e̸ ̓g̣̉òn͐͡na̤͘ ̛̖ͬŗ͛u̟̇í͢n̸̜ͣ ̧̩͂h͘ȋ̪m!̴!̬̓!̢̦"

"B-but what did he ruin?!" Pump asked, earning a distorted giggle.

"W͡hͥa̭̽͏t͕ ̥͞d̹i̗ď͟ ̡̇h̗̋҉e ̮r͚uį̽n҉?̘͟ As̋k͕ͮ t̳̎h͂͢e̡ ̢͆m͔͟o͡n̈s͈t̶er ̺ͮh̵i͊m̹̄s̄e̽l̦f͖͗̕.̽" 'Skid' stated, tilting his head up as if he was suddenly more important than Pump.

"You know where that son of a gun is?!" Pico yelled, being held back by Lila.

"O̷h̡̹͊ s̢̮h̜̉͡u̧t̺͆ ͋u̳̓p̖͋ ͬ̕c̨a̢̯ṛ̶r̶̘̓o͐t ̣̈͠he͖ͧád̙!͒ ̘̊ I ͢ẘa̯͟s̜̓ ̸t̗a͉͠l̩̐k͑i̱ͬń̙̀g̴ͩ ̸to̯ t̼̆h̆͘é̫ p͛ṷ͜m͗p̉k̳̊i͑͏n̩̎!̛"

"Oh that's it I'm done with this kid" Pico muttered, still being restrained by Lila.

"No, we are not using violence against my son. Pump, honey, do what you need to do. I need to have a... T a l k with this boy." Lila said with a sickeningly sweet voice before tugging Pico away by his arm.

".... Okay. Let's go save Skid!" Pump called out suddenly, dragging the corrupted child over to the white van despite the protests and scratching from him. Pump leaned over and knocked on the side of the van while the Pelo screaming finally stopped.

"W H A T?! Oh... Hey kids... Want some candy?"

"Of course! It is da spooky month!" Pump said with a snap of his fingers on his free hand. Frank blinked at Pump before a goofy grin spread across his face.

"Oh yeah! It is!" He said, dropping the piece of candy he was holding and spooky dancing away. By that, he was spooky dancing while the car started driving on it's own.

"Uh.... Okay..." Girlfriend muttered to herself. "Oh- hey buddy don't rip up your costume!" Girlfriend said as she gently pulled 'Skid's' hand away from his head. He had dug into the fabric and was starting to tear the mask before Girlfriend interrupted. 'Skid' did his best attempt to glare at her, but she was unfazed by it. He looked down at Pump's hand and then at his own hands.

"Bop beep ba bo ba" Boyfriend muttered, casually grabbing Girlfriend's side and pulling her closer in a side-hug. Girlfriend giggled and wrapped her arm around him.

"Man I'd kill to have a cherry Dr. Pepper right now." Girlfriend mumbled.

"Are we gonna wait for Lila?" Pump asked, uncertainty in his eyes.

"I guess it really depends on what you think. You know her better." Girlfriend said with a shrug.

"Oh. I guess we should wai-" Pump was cut off by getting shoved and falling to the ground. 'Skid' had taken advantage of Pump being distracted and he managed to free himself from their grasp. Before he cpuld be grabbed again, he bolted down the sidewalk.

"Beep-" Boyfriend muttered before running after him. Girlfriend ran over to Pump and helped him up.

"Are you alright?!" She asked. Pump looked at her with a few tears in his eyes. He was also holding his elbow. Girlfriend softened her gaze. "Let me see it...". She turned his arm over to reveal that he had scraped his elbow on the concrete sidewalk. It wasn't heavily bleeding, but there was still a noticeable amount of blood.

"We have to go get him!" Pump said, obviously trying to ignore the pain in his arm.

"But... Your arm?"

"... It'll be fine I think. We need to go after them!" Pump begged. Girlfriend looked uncertain, but agreed. Pump was basically dragging her down the sidewalk all in an attempt to find Skid and Boyfriend. When they did find them, they also found another person there.  She had black, shoulder-length  curly hair, dark skin and was wearing a flannel.  They were currently holding the corrupted child by his arm and chatting with Boyfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
789 words