Chapter 2 (Rewritten)

"PUMP!!!" Skid screamed, running over to his friend. He did his best to pry the monster's hand off Pump's arm, but the monster decided to let go himself. "Please... you'll be alright!"

"Skid... this isn't 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 anymore.... It's scary..." Pump mumbled, quietly sobbing in pain. Skid had no idea what to do, so he tried his best to comfort his friend as the weird substance was spreading on Pump's body.

"B̶͌̓e̸̒̌e̷p̴̀͠ ̸̂b̶́o̷p̴͌ ̶̂b̴a̴͠ ̵͑š̶k̷̇a̶͗d̵̈́e̷̊e̵p̶̐?̶̎!̴" The 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 kids' opponent yelled at the lemon man.

"He will fall into it eventually. His acquaintance will drag him down to the same fate." The Monster said, disappearing into somewhere unknown. He just does that sometimes, I guess.

Meanwhile, Skid was panicking. He had set his friend down on the ground when the corruption was almost fully covering Pump. So many questions were running through his head all at once. Why was this happening? Why Pump? What even is that spreading on his body and why are there more people affected by it?! Why-

He shook out of his thoughts when his best friend moved. Only... Skid could tell it wasn't Pump anymore. The stare he got from Pump was enough to prove that statement. The pink glow to his eyes and the wicked smile.... Skid scrambled to his feet and ran out of the house. He ignored the two people sitting on a couch in the lower levels of the house and focused on getting home, getting safe. Well, he wasn't aware that his 'best friend' was following him home. Skid burst through the door to his house as Lila almost fell off the couch from the unexpected noise.

"Gosh what... Skid? What happened?! And where's Pump?!" Lila asked, rushing over to her son who was shakily closing the front door.

"He.... he.... Mom, he...." Skid mumbled before sobbing and curling into his mother. Lila was quick to start comforting him, rubbing his back.

"Slow down, hon. It's alright... it's okay..."

"It's not!!" Skid called out before getting quiet again, "Pump... he.." He stopped talking when there was a knock on the door. Lila went to open the door, but the person on the other side opened it themself. In walked Pump, but it was clearly not Pump himself.

".... Skid... Is this what you were trying to say..?" Lila asked, earning a nod from her son. 'Pump' looked between the two before his smile somehow grew wider.

"A̵͂w̶w̷̄.̶.̴̀͠.̶̅ ̷w̴h̸̀̀a̷͗t̷̎͝'̶̊̓s̸ ̷t̷͝h̵̉̌e̷͂̅ ̷̉m̷̉a̴̐t̷̞̿̾t̴̃e̴̒r̵?̸͛̕ ̵ ̴D̵i̷̍d̵̐̽j̶̆a̶ ̵m̷i̸s̸͠s̶̋ ̶͊͑m̷͆̕e̵?̶̍" "Pump' teased, attempting to step closer to the two before being shoved away by Lila. "H̸̓̿m̴p̶̒͠h̵͆.̶̈́ ̷̇ ̴̈́W̸̾h̴y̸̚ ̶͊d̸̉i̵̚d̸ ̸́ỹ̴̓o̵͘u̷͂ ̵̂r̷̂ù̷͐n̵͊̇?̴̄" Skid tensed up and Lila looked angry at 'Pump'.

"Alright. I think you should go back home, Pump..." Lila said, paying more attention to calming Skid down than the other person there.

"Ḣ̷̺͝m̸̀m̴.̷̋.̴.̴̅ ̴͒̓n̸̄a̴͠h̸̽.̷ ̸̚ ̴͑̕I̷ ̷t̵͋h̷̐i̸n̸̓̒k̷͝ ̸̈́I̵'̸̿l̶̛̿l̴ ̴s̴͠t̶͂͝ã̷̆y̷̍!̸͗" 'Pump' said.

"Pump please..." Skid begged, choking on a sob. "This isn't you! You can get better, and-!"

"Ȍ̷̡̍ĥ̴̓ ̶m̸̓ẏ̴͆ ̵g̸o̵͛͑d̸̚ ̵̒̀s̷̓̀h̷u̷͊t ̸͝u̷p̸̕!̵̅ ̵͛͋ ̸T̴̒h̶̀̊i̴s̸͛ ̷̀i̷͠ŝ̶ ̵̇m̴͗͂e̸͝ ̴n̷o̵̓͗w̶,̶͐͠ d̶̋e̷̓͘a̸r̵̍̋ ̶S̶̒k̶͘i̶d̴!̷̾" 'Pump' said, putting his hands on his cheeks and staring at Skid with a crazed face. "A̸͐n̸̎d̴͗ ̶͛ÿ̵̿o̸ư̶͠ ̷c̸a̸n̸ ̵j̶̿̈́ó̸in̵ ̸m̶e̷,̵ ̶t̵o̶ȯ̶!̴̉!̷" Skid stared at his former best friend in utter disbelief. He couldn't really be gone, could he? No, Pump has to be in there. Lila noticed the tension in the room and sighed, standing up whilst holding her son.

"Alright boys.... It's about time for you two to sleep. Tomorrow's a school day after all..." She muttered.

"What about Pump..?" Skid asked before an idea struck him. "Oh! He can stay in the attic with Moloch!!"

"Who's Moloch...." Lila hesitantly asked. 'Pump' was casually figuring out what a toaster was before Lila grabbed his arm with a free hand.

"Our 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 friend who lives in our attic! He eats a lot of rats and spiders!"

"........ oh okay..." Lila mumbled. And that's exactly what they did. They locked 'Pump' in the attic as Skid got a bath and put pajamas on. As he got in bed, he could hear scratching noises from the attic, and that's the sound Skid fell asleep to.

~~~~~~~~~~~

666 words

(haha I purposefully made it 666 words >:D)