Chapter 11

Happy prank day and early Easter!
~~~~~~~~~~~

Skid shook his head, trying to forget the feeling. They didn't need to deal with any more problems right now. When he looked, he saw that the corrupted girl was crying and slightly shaking .

"I don't... what? Why are we̵ h͡ér̨e̕.̧.͏?͢" She mumbled, holding a hand against her corrupted eye.

"B́e̷e̷p̢ ̷B̢o̶̕p̶͘ ̴͝b̛͘o͏̢o̸̴p̵͜͡ ̵̛͠b͘͟͞a̴̛͠ṕ̴̷!̴͟͡" The corrupted boy yelled to the other. The girl looked over with fear in her uncorrupted eye before the girl went back to her blank expression. Lila looked between the two, confused at how the girl understood the boy.

The song was relatively short, and everyone was pretty exhausted. The father tightly grabbed the corrupted duo and began walking out of the theater without saying a word. Lila took Pump to his house and gave him his costume before carrying Skid, what had fallen asleep, back to their house. She sighed as a small breeze blew by. Today was a stressful day with everything going on. Hopefully it will always be over soon.

The next day rolled around and the two 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 children were already back trying to get rid of the girl's corrupted. They wanted to focus mainly on the girl, but why not kill two birds with one stone when possible?
They were making steady progress and had about half the corruption removed already when they arrived. Neither Skid nor Pump realized that. The boyfriend had less removed, about ⅓ was uncorrupted.

"Are we dressing up as them again?" Pump asked. Skid shook his head.

"Probably not. We did enough roleplaying yesterday as them anyways!" Skid said with a smile. Pump nodded and turned back towards the mom.

"Do you have any pictures of memories that would be important?" Pump asked.

"Of course I do. I would never miss the opportunity to embarrass my daughter, now would I?" The mom said with a small laugh.

"Why do you wanna embarrass her?" Skid asked.

"It's my job as her mother." The mom responded. Skid glanced towards Lila for a moment.

"Oh, alright! Where are the pictures?" Pump asked. The mom got up and walked into a separate room. Skid walked over and sat down on the nearby chair while waiting. His feet were a bit sore from the heels yesterday. He watches as the two half-corrupted adults whisper among themselves.

"B̀ȩe̕p̛ ͞b̛e͏p҉ ͡b͝o͡ǫ͜p͟͡ ̵͡b̧̨a̸̧p̶̕ ̨͘s̴͝ḱ͏a̶͜ḑ́͢ò̕͠ǫ̵̀ ̵͘͘b̷̶͜é̸̸e̸͞͠p̨҉͠.̡̕͘.̀͟͠" The corrupted boy whispered. That was all Skid could hear, and he couldn't understand it really well. It was all just beeping sounds.

"Hey, Pump?" Skid asked, getting the other's attention. "Do you think there's more people who are corrupted..?"

"I dunno... I hope not." Pump responded, "I don't know if we'll be able to help them if there are more corrupt people."

"Well... I felt something off at the old theater when you and the girl's dad were rapping. I thought it was just my imagination. What if the thing that destroyed it was still there?"

"Don't worry, Skid, it'll be fine. We'll save these two and then everything will be alright!" Pump smiled, and a similar expression spread on Skid's face too.

"I guess you're right. Everything will be alright after this!" Skid said as the mom walked back in with a box. It contained a binder and a bunch of loose photos.

"You are not looking at these, and I am going to be showing my daughter only." The mom said with a glare. Skid and Pump both nodded quickly and decided to watch instead of help. The father held the girl down and the mother was passive-aggressively explaining certain photos.

It was interesting to say the least. The mother was somewhat scary while describing in great detail what was going on in the photo. She wasn't loud enough to be heard clearly. It's not like they were trying to listen, though.

"̪̚͟B̡ͩo͐op̅͞ ̵bͣe̟̐ê̷p̤̈́̀ ̱ba̠ͯd̵̳óͅo̦̔ ̹b͐ͅe̡͍p̸͔ ͂b̭͛a҉p̵̙" the corrupted boy mumbled, glaring at the two 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 children. Skid and Pump looked between each other and shrugged, not knowing what he said.

"Do you think he said it's 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 month?" Skid asked.

"Yeah! I think he did"

"So it is da 𝓢𝓹𝓸𝓸𝓴𝔂 month!" Skid and Pump proceeded to spooky dance while sitting down. The girl's parents gave a mean stare to the dancing children. They stopped dancing when a pen was thrown at Skid. He hadn't noticed that the photo trick had been working really well. Quite a bit of the corruption around the girl's lower body that was there previously was now gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~

767 words