Chapter 22

Man. We're almost done. Honestly, this feels underwhelming.

I'll put updated character designs and maybe even some drawings of random moments from this book in a single chapter. I dunno!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Heyy!! Mr. Lemon Man!! Where are you??" Pump questioned, his voice echoing through the empty hallways.

"Are you sure you should yell like that?" Lila asked, not really liking the atmosphere of the building.

"Oh, we'll be fine! Pico has a gun!" Girlfriend chirped.

"What-"

"W h a t -"

"Okay just because I'm armed doesn't mean I'm gonna be a bodyguard!"

"Aww come onnn... your contract says otherwise!!"

"Your dad didn't say nothin' about a funking person-eating lemon creature thing!!"

"Ladies... Ladies.. You're both pretty. Now can we please try and find this person??" Lila asked.

"What are these sweet morsels doing here? I didn't order delivery.." The Monster said. Seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Apparently he does that. Ok cool.

"T̵̐e̴͆̂l̵l̴ ̷͆t̵̊h̸̔e̸s̴e̴ ̷̍id̶͌i̸ő̷t̴s̴̓̓ ̷t̵o̷͐ ̶l̷̓e̶͐t̵́ ̶͆m̴e ̴̅̏g̴̛o̸!̷̋!̶͋̈́!" 'Skid' yelled, once again struggling to get out of Lila's tough grip.

"Why are you on that child and not on the other specimens?"

"W̴̃e̴ ̸H̷͂A̸T̷͑È̷̔ ̵̔h̵͑ḯ̴m̴̒͌!̴̃ ̸ ̷̇̌H̴͐e̴͋ ̸́f̸re̵e̴͊d̴͆̚ ̵͗t̵h̵̊ȇ̵ ̸͒o̴̐͝t̶́h̴́e̶̒r̵s̴̏ ̴̔f̸͊r̶͑o̴̊m̷͂̑ ̸͂o̷u̴͝r̶̊̉ ̵͛̅g̸̈́̍ra̸̋s̴̔̀p̵̾!̵̑!̶̂"

"Okay enough conversation between you two. Now get rid of the corruption on this innocent kid and you WON'T end up dinner!!" Pico yelled.

"Oh you sweet sustenance... Why would I do that? I still haven't gotten what I wanted." The monster said, shaking his head. "Let him be in control. I wanna play with my food a bit before it gets boring."

"E̶̐h̶?!̷ ̵͆̃F̷i̸̎͘n̷͒͆e.̶" 'Skid' said, his face becoming emotionless for a moment before his uncorrupted face shrunk in terror. "You...!"

"Skid!" Pump called out, running over to Lila as she set her son down.

"Pump! What's... why... I don't.... I'm scared!!" Skid said, tears forming in the corner of his uncorrupted eye. He had attached himself to Pump's arm and refused to let go

"You'll be okay... I... I promise...!" Pump said, glancing up at the lemon man.

"Such a lovely reunion, I'm glad I got to cut it short. Now let me see...." The monster said, yanking Skid away from everyone else and bringing the child to the monster's eye level.

"Please...." Skid begged.

". . . How does a scrawny child like you manage to mess everything up so badly?" The Monster muttered, glaring at the child.

"Wh... I care about them!! I... I wouldn't just... leave them!"

"Likely. Now, you don't seem very delectable. Unlike.... H E R." The Monster said, turning his head and staring at Girlfriend. She didn't seem very fazed.

"Pl-" "NOW YOU LISTEN HERE, MISTER!" Lila yelled out, stomping up to the monster. "YOU ARE GOING TO LET MY SON GO AND GET RID OF THAT CORRUPTION THIS INSTANT OR ELSE I'LL TURN YOU INTO A LEMON-SCENTED MOIST TOWELETTE!!" She yelled, pointing a finger aggressively at the monster's chest.